Sign in to follow this  

I'm not sure I understand most of those game-specific words that you wrote but the models look great ^_^! Yay for trolls!

• Like 2

This is outrageous!! 

How can some people get to have you in their gaming group and enjoy such exquisite painting for table top gaming?! 

• Like 2

On 4/10/2017 at 7:18 AM, VolksFest said:

This is outrageous!! 

How can some people get to have you in their gaming group and enjoy such exquisite painting for table top gaming?! 

Thanks.

For my own part, I figured I've worked hard and earned the right to play with my minis (not something I think is unique to me).  Some of our players are painters, and some of them aren't.  The ones who are painters will sometimes do up their own characters, and sometimes they'll leave it to me.

I get that- there's something satisfying about painting up your own character.  The oddest one was when a friend of mine painted up his mounted character, but left the dismounted version to me (and he told me not to overdo it).

• Like 2

What's that little boar guy called.  I really like him and might need to get one myself... although I will not paint it as well as you it looks like a fun paint.

Never mind... turns out if you read the post instead of drooling over the pictures you can learn all you need to.

Edited by NecroMancer

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Capwn
      So CMON came out with an updated version of Project: Elite, a game that has been lauded as a super fun real time game. Thankfully, the contents of the game are a bit smaller than Zombicide: Invader, and the gameplay is a little bit more fun if I am being totally honest. Additionally, the scale of the miniatures are slightly larger, so instead of being around 25mm, they are closer to the 28-32mm heroic scale. Now that being said, this is a real time game. Which means that the miniatures will be handled a lot, and sometimes roughly. As much as I would like to slave over some of these, I am trying (key word here, trying) to keep the time investment shorter on this one. The chances of a paint job getting dinged up are just greater than some more casually-paced game. All figures receive a generous coat of varnish to help protect them as much as reasonably possible.

Here are some shots of the work so far...

Gustav (The 'Ahnold' clone.)

Pretty pleased with how his face turned out, probably one of the better ones I have done if I am being completely honest. This sculpt of the face was pretty clean and well-detailed, so painting it was really straight-forward.

Sandra (Totally not Jennifer Anniston)

This sculpt's face was a little wonky, specifically the lip area, which made getting her expression looking correct difficult. Additionally, I had accidentally ripped up a layer while using ScaleColor's skin tone paints, leaving some additional texture that I did not want. Still some areas to tidy up.

Gunter

Used a combination of inks, Contrast paints, and regular ol' paint here. Skintone was actually done using ScaleColor's flesh tones, which I find tend to work pretty well for African skin tones. Shading on the shoulder pauldrons was done using purple, which gives a lovely and natural looking effect. This mini's color scheme though is totally all over the map, and the reds and greens are a little "Christmas" like. Not a huge deal, just not my favorite color choices here.

The Runners

The runners have been my speed-paint job so far. They have lots of texture that a wash hooks into easily enough. They were given the typical zenithal priming treatment, but using a fairly bright pink color as their top highlight (this would be close to Rosy Skin Highlight in Reaper colors) and Reaper Burgundy Wine was used along their spine. They were given a coat or two of GW Reikland Fleshshade, and finally their lips/gums were highlighted with some Kimera Magenta + Burgundy Wine, and teeth with some Vallejo Flat Yellow + FW White Ink.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/massive-darkness-2-hellscape

Story
      Massive Darkness 2: Hellscape takes the exciting dungeon-crawling action of the original Massive Darkness and brings it to a whole new level!
      Take on the role of Lightbringers, a group of Heroes fighting the forces of Darkness in this thrilling cooperative game for 1-6 players.
      Inspired by classic RPG games, this board game needs no game master to take you to the depths of Hell and beyond, fighting a variety of mobs and epic enemies to save the world!
    • By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ahowdleart/iron-hammer-miniatures-the-mighty-gnomish-war-engine?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-1

• By DragonWyrm
      I had it sitting on my bench for more than a year. Brought it on sale and it was nice working with such a heavy model, thought it did fall apart a couple times (Since I am not using it for gaming, I did not pin it).  The fourth picture seems to have the closest red to how it looks in real life.

The Robot 

Together with Friends

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Painted this to use in my upcoming DnD campaign....freakin hard to paint. I could tell this was going to be difficult for me from the get go, so much stuff. Sometimes I wish models had approximate difficulty levels on the boxes.

The trio that the player characters will encounter are towards the bottom. 

Players should be trudging though a swampy bayou for a bit before they encounter a soft candle light glow in the distance ahead of them. The magicked candles begin to block the players night vision as they get closer. If they turn away, the candlelight will wink out and reappear in front of them again. Eventually they will encounter Papa Hoodoo and his gator zombie constructs Leblanc and Boudreaux.  I may pick up a reaper dire gator as a possibility during the encounter.

The pics below are more of a forest than swamp, but was having some fun with taking pictures this morning and I don't have any swamp terrain.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)