Sign in to follow this  
Clearman

Kings of War Abyssal Dwarf Gargoyle

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By silentoutsidr
      Hi Everyone,

I'm new here, been an off and on lurker over the years, and wanted to share some pictures most recently finished models.

Before I began, I was looking for ideas on how to decorate the models and a lot of the pictures that I found of these models I didn't think did them justice. So I looked at other treemen models. What I liked the most was using foliage and turf material to create "real" foliage instead of going with just painted metal.

I really enjoyed working on the models, it was a lot of firsts for me. The biggest one being water, I have seen a lot of videos about making water scenes and what not. Seeing the model with cattails on it I had to have it coming out of the water. I tried going for a wet dripping algae look. For a first attempt I think it did turned out pretty good. As far as the models go, I wasn't really thrilled with the appearance of the metal vines. So I created my own vines as well, which is another first. Quite fun but tedious and pleased with the look. Cattails were made from parts of floral wheat and tacky glue. Adding foliage to miniatures in general is a first for me as well, all the foliage was self made with colored sawdust and furniture foam. The only thing not made was static grass.

The water is Woodland Scenics Realistic Water and their Water Effects. I liked how easy it was and relatively mess free compared to the typical 2 part epoxy that I've seen.

After doing these minis I thought of something I am going to attempt on my other 6. I'm going to ditch the metal arms entirely and use floral wire as a support so I can then pose the vines however I want.

Lastly, these are going to be a part of my Elven Army and perhaps a start of a Forces of Nature Army for Kings Of War. So these aren't my first models. Just the ones I'm most satisfied with. If you have any suggestions, critiques, or questions let me know.  

• By Kangaroorex
      Well, I did it.  this is the last of the Elmore dragons that Darksword Miniatures makes.  This miniature is based on a pencil sketch by Larry Elmore and is one of the tallest freestanding dragons I have in my collection.  He is also one of my favorite miniatures.  from the huge wingspan to the quirky happy/puzzled expression on his face, this dragon is just amazing.  He has also been sitting in his box waiting patiently for years because for years I thought he was a brown dragon which made him what I considered a real challenge to paint well.

Some reading and thought later and he has found his stride as a bronze dragon.  It was also an excuse to break out some of my new color change paints on his wings to see what they look like over a broad expanse.  The answer, as you will see below is amazing to look at, very difficult to capture in pictures.  So anyway I thought I would let everyone see him.  I hope you like what you see!

Here he is from the front with the color effect from the color change paints in the down position

and here he is again with the color change in the up position.  the color flare is really pretty amazing in real life but I just cant seem to capture it well.

• By Kangaroorex
      At this point I really don't need an excuse to paint another dragon but I like to have an evil spell caster for each campaign I run,  you know, just in case.  So Alendrax, a young adult red dragon mage came to be.  he specializes in enchantment and illusion (lets face it, evocation is sort of overkill for a dragon) and likes to play with his food commanding them to hand over all their possessions, kill or torture those they care for and bring him goodies before eating them when he tires of the game.  He also entraps scribes to enchant his spells directly on his wings rather than risking having his prized spells stolen from him.

Having been ousted from his previous home by a bigger silver dragon for being a "deranged sociopath" he escaped with only his wings and his life.  Now he has settled near our hero's stomping grounds to wreak havoc and chaos as he rebuilds his power to displace  Jerseranoth (Joe, the barkeep at the Red Dragon Inn in Port Shaw) and maybe find some spells that will work against that usurper!

Anyway Alendrax is one of the first Elmore dragons I ever picked up but I just never got around to painting him.  he was actually a pretty fun paint with just enough detail to let me have some fun but not so much that I felt the need to spend agonizing amounts of effort on every scale.  I hope you enjoy him!

• By Nameless
      Another unit for my Swampstalkers  I was looking for a suitable alternative for Scarecrows, the cheapest zombie-like unit in my army. These goblins from the Hobbit game looked like a good choice - gnarly, twisted bodies with some wounds, smaller in size than plaguebearers I used for a slightly stronger unit of blood worms (my other infantry unit). And I got them very cheap, second-hand - they already came primed white to me, which saved some time. Lots of different washes, picked some details (mainly eyes and wounds/warts - both with GW blood effect). Swampy base of course, as this is the main theme for my army. Cut some of the models legs off to create an effect of them rising from the mud.

• By Nameless
      I will use these GW Plaguebearers as Blood Worms in my Kings of War army. As with nurglings earlier, I painted lots of different skin tones to get some variety within the unit, hoping they still work well together. Table-top painting, not caring much about all the details or super quality.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)