SamuraiJack

Mantic Terrain Crate

The video for the battlefield pledge is not particularly inspiring. I'll be watching, but I suspect that this is a pass for me. 

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 1

Yeah, for 60 bucks, I expect more than being able to make a 1' x 1' look slightly less empty (assuming that's a Rolling Fields tablescape section).

Edited by pinkymadigan

Wasn't there talk of launching this today? Isn't it like almost past supper time over on that side of the pond? 

How do I know it's dinner time in England? I hear beagles stomach rumbling from here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thes Hunter said:

Wasn't there talk of launching this today? Isn't it like almost past supper time over on that side of the pond? 

How do I know it's dinner time in England? I hear beagles stomach rumbling from here.

I think it's at 1EST. Saw something on Facebook earlier.

2 hours ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

My only gripe is enough with the barrels and crates...the market is saturated with them.  Make stuff that hasn't been done yet...

I agree. 

Personally I never needed even a single crate for my fantasy RPG.

I just dump the crates into the basement of my taverns. (:

Many of the sculpts are "clusters", so ymmv. I'm thinking there are few individual barrels and chests in this KS because these are available in the Dungeon Saga furniture set. I particularly like the campsite, so my adventurers can finally sleep in tents. The fences, hedges, and walls should be useful for those miniature skirmish games I still have to play. Would still like to see more stuff for $200. We'll see!

7 minutes ago, ced1106 said:

I particularly like the campsite, so my adventurers can finally sleep in tents.

Tabletop Props makes nice tents.

The pieces I'm looking for....
The Mining set
Fences and hedges
Walls
maybe the treasure stuff...

I really don't want to commit to everything just to get a few things.  I hope they break up the crates even more with add ons....but I doubt it...
Everything else I just want 1 or two pieces...I don't need tables or chairs or a bar...or barrels or debris...(though some of the debris is cool)

EDIT: I just now read that they will be doing add ons.

Edited by Bane Of Humanity

I think the video does not represent the battlefield crate well. It has a decent amount of diversity in it. The dungeon crate has those awesome wizards library pieces, but a number of repeats for the Dungeon Debris and Dungeon Clutter sections. 

I'm in, will probably stay in because I'm a sucker for this stuff. So if I have multiples of random stuff, I'll probably give it away as part of the traveling box or some such. 

• Like 1