Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Mantic Terrain Crate

Recommended Posts

Got my crate. Happy with the quality for the most part, except for the guard barrack weapon racks. They're bent awfully, and i'm not even sure they'll keep their shape if i boil them. Those really should have been made of a firmer material with those flimsy shafts

^7DADE3CF598524179EE5992AD58A99E79E8EF1B24730C57FA6^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got the battlefield crate and the Dark Lord's tower extra set; the only thing that was seriously bent was the cart.  I haven't tried boiling it yet, but I have hope...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2018 at 11:36 AM, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Seen a couple of reports online of people ending up with sticky models after spray painting, so as with bones do a test piece rather than spraying your whole pledge all at once

 

Has anyone had specific problems?  I hit a test piece (broken fence section) with the Rustoleum Americana (Bonds to Plastic!) primer I usually use, and it's dried properly and isn't sticky five hours later.  I wonder how long I have to let it sit before I conclude that it's safe enough.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rob Dean said:

 

Has anyone had specific problems?  I hit a test piece (broken fence section) with the Rustoleum Americana (Bonds to Plastic!) primer I usually use, and it's dried properly and isn't sticky five hours later.  I wonder how long I have to let it sit before I conclude that it's safe enough.

 

 

If it gets to "not sticky" it's good already.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Phoenix Rising said:

 

If it gets to "not sticky" it's good already.

Check out the thread in the Bones section of this forum. There is a list of what works well and not well on Bones. I suspect there is a similarity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

I primed my tents with Krylon (with Fusion) Camoflage Khaki, and it dried perfectly dry.  

 

That's good to know. Krylon is my go to spry paint.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That moment when you realize that the books that you just painted as a part of the bookshelf is a separate piece.... <_<

 

The books had stayed in place when we washed the model with a toothbrush.

Stayed in place while we primed the model.

Stayed when we painted, washed, and drybrushed the model.

 

Then came out when the bookshelf was knocked down in the game, falling about two whole inches onto a padded Chessex battle mat....

 

On the other hand - they are seeing a lot of use.

 

And they have been a fun joint project for Megan and I - we are about a third done with the collection.

 

We... need more Library sets. Actually, we just need the bookshelves, and maybe one or two of the rolling ladders.

 

These are great for dioramas - which means Christmas presents.

 

A Reaper Santa at the desk, Naughty and Nice behind him, while he is working on The Lists....

 

Sophie the Sage floating beside the bookshelves.

 

And I want to do a Librarian drider. (I have become very attached to the idea of non-evil driders - I like the idea of interacting with driders better than combat with them.)

 

The Auld Grump - best kind of minis - the kind that spawns ideas.

  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That moment when you realize that the books that you just painted as a part of the bookshelf is a separate piece.... <_<

 

The books had stayed in place when we washed the model with a toothbrush.

Stayed in place while we primed the model.

Stayed when we painted, washed, and drybrushed the model.

 

Then came out when the bookshelf was knocked down in the game, falling about two whole inches onto a padded Chessex battle mat....

 

On the other hand - they are seeing a lot of use.

  

And they have been a fun joint project for Megan and I - we are about a third done with the collection.

 

We... need more Library sets. Actually, we just need the bookshelves, and maybe one or two of the rolling ladders.

 

These are great for dioramas - which means Christmas presents.

 

A Reaper Santa at the desk, Naughty and Nice behind him, while he is working on The Lists....

 

Sophie the Sage floating beside the bookshelves.

 

And I want to do a Librarian drider. (I have become very attached to the idea of non-evil driders - I like the idea of interacting with driders better than combat with them.)

 

The Auld Grump - best kind of minis - the kind that spawns ideas.

wait, are you talking about the stack of books, or the books on shelf?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Werkrobotwerk said:

wait, are you talking about the stack of books, or the books on shelf?

The small stack of books from the Wizard's Study set. The one with the ink and quill pen.

 

It had gotten lodged in such a way that it looked like it belonged - and stayed there. :lol:

 

It won't take long to touch them up - and they are handier as separate pieces, but... right now the back of the books are unpainted and unprimed, and ditto for the space where the books had been stuck in the shelves.

 

We definitely need more Library sets - but they are already sold out at Mantic.... Funny how having the models suddenly gives you a need for more models, sometimes.

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine tracks - priming flat black, dry brushing the ties with ashen brown followed by grey. Tracks painting brown iron oxide, drybrushing with scorched metal, and a steel color for tracks that actually see use. (A CLUE - if the track is dull, odds are there is little traffic that way....)

 

The Auld Grump

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

That moment when you realize that the books that you just painted as a part of the bookshelf is a separate piece.... <_<

 

The books had stayed in place when we washed the model with a toothbrush.

Stayed in place while we primed the model.

Stayed when we painted, washed, and drybrushed the model.

 

Then came out when the bookshelf was knocked down in the game, falling about two whole inches onto a padded Chessex battle mat....

 

I caught mine hiding out in the shelves early, but I know exactly what you mean! Books. In bookshelves. Who'd ever know?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iain-lovecraft/asian-adventures
       

    • By Artyphex
      (forgive me, very new to the forums) 
       
      Andowyn Thrushmoor!
      It's been awhile since I've painted a plain ol' character miniature. I spent the better part of today working on her and I’m overall pleased with how she came out. I really want to double my skill level by the time Bones V is delivered and I’m proud of my progress! Slowly but surely figuring out how to do faces, this one looks pretty okay, though her right eye is funky.
       
      Since this is my first form post, the picture is her next to my first miniature! It's about four years old and I keep it around the rest of my collection in a place of honor





    • By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
       
      If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

      DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

      We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

      Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)
       

       

       

       

       

       
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      This looks like a very interesting board game with lots of new, fresh ideas and cool artwork (and nice minis - there is even a pledge level for just the minis: around 15 of them for $20 plus shipping):
       
      About this project
       

      It's a harsh but lucrative business being a mercenary out on the edge of civilization. You must explore the harsh wilderness and engage in deep tactical combat, where the decisions you make have an impact not only on your own character, but also the world around you.

      Gloomhaven is cooperative game of card-driven combat set in a persistent fantasy campaign which will change and grow as you play the game.
      There is always more to unlock and explore in the world of Gloomhaven.


       
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/description
    • By Knight of the Dinner Table
      If you missed the first Gloomhaven Kickstarter (and retail sold out quickly) here is your chance. I backed that game the first time around and could not be happier with the results. Warning ... that box is heavy ...
       
       
  • Who's Online   13 Members, 3 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...