Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Mantic Terrain Crate

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Well, purchased the Dungeon Essentials from another retailer - since I had decided in a moment of sheer brilliance that I wasn't ever going to want it. (Megan knew better, and told me so.)

Dungeon Essentials is some of the Dungeon Saga terrain repackaged.

It is not bad - but, holy moley, they did better in Terrain Crate - side by side, you can see the difference in detail - on the bookcases in particular.

That said - I am happy with the Dungeon Saga terrain, too - I mostly got it for the doors, and I like what I got. The lectern is probably my favorite bit.

One nice touch - two of the doors in the set match the shattered doors being used as barricades in the Terrain Crate.

The Auld Grump

I thought those barricades looked familiar...

I wonder if the chests show up elsewhere, too.

Hmmm, they have started adding to the line - and not through Kickstarter....

84c3bbbe1da0a677b7d22004055735bd_61979.j

Tempted to add a tray of Rat-On-A-Stick, and have it tended by a certain dwarf delicatessen owner....

02474_w_1.jpg

Freshness is the secret ingredient....

The Auld Grump

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

The market stalls have my interest. That’s been something I’ve been asking various companies for for quite sometime. Ever since catdancer posted pics of his wonderful hand built market.

And we need to be careful to keep this thread on topic for the kickstarter items only.

Speaking of. Anyone still waiting for their rewards?

If not then I’ll be locking this down soon.

• Like 1

Still waiting. ::):

I was glad to see the line continuing past the KS - there are some newer Kickstarter campaigns where the KS is the only way to get the danged product. (CMoN, I'm looking at you.)

Shipping starts in a few days, I believe - but has not yet begun in earnest.

*EDIT* Brain fart - VANGUARD is the KS that has not yet shipped - so, yeah, I think everybody has their toys on this one.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

Got my stuff end of July/start of August. I've partially painted the 6 tents since then. Stalled because I wasn't sure how colourful to make the 3 big ones. I like the market stuff too.

I've been eyeing up the Vanguard pre-orders too. Like some of the minis in those packs but I'm not real interested in the rules right now. Feeling like I may do an Abyssal army sometime and I already have the Dungeon Saga minis for it.

Got my stuff in June or so. Have one of the large tents fully painted, the other two large tents almost done, and the three smaller tents halfway done.  Completed a bunch of the smaller debris piles and the wooden fences. Rock walls are in process. 

Wow, I started this post thinking that I was like zink, and had only done the 6 tents, then realized I actually had done more. yeah me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Hmmm, they have started adding to the line - and not through Kickstarter....

84c3bbbe1da0a677b7d22004055735bd_61979.j

Tempted to add a tray of Rat-On-A-Stick, and have it tended by a certain dwarf delicatessen owner....

The Auld Grump

A hint on what or where the above stuff is.  Please.

Edited by kodiakbear
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kodiakbear said:

A hint on what or where the above stuff is.  Please.

I couldn't find it either.

The "Village Square", "Gallows and Stocks" set is also on Wayland games as a pre-order

And "Market Stalls" and at £6.35 for 2 stalls and the produce I think that's a reasonable price.

Edited by talion78

Mike was singing Sam Hall when he was looking at the gallows.

I think that is the first time I heard someone singing a Johnny Cash song for a game.

NOT a fan of the Man in Black. <_< But a nice song, I guess.