A new challenger appears

Slush

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worrytoo much about missing the first few of the monthly specials...

Now, missing the Grim Squeaker from last Halloween... THAT is bad...

(I have 3 of that one, and no, I'm not selling. Incidentally buying and selling minis is very verboten here. The exception is linking to kickstarters in the KS area. )

1586_painted.jpg

I wish I could pant a tenth as good as that...

Edited by Gadgetman!
  • Like 4

Wow this exploded a little beyond what I imagined, what a lovely community. ;) I'll keep the purple text in mind, and I will be sure to check out the google hangouts also, can't promise often as I work in the evenings (hence the late post last night) and if I do happen to be around I'm usually poking my friends to talk. I'll actually try to post some of my newbish stuff later tonight in WIP (nothing finished since I think everything on my desk is set to be striped and repainted...)

And although yes I was a bit sad to miss the Jan special (it checks every box for awesome grim reaper in my opinion) it was the Feb one I will hunt for in my local stores with fingers crossed. (though I'm not >too< sad to miss it, I found a few other awesome looking wizards that'll fit my fancy.) 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slush said:

I'll actually try to post some of my newbish stuff later tonight in WIP (nothing finished since I think everything on my desk is set to be striped and repainted...)

If you know what your first figure was that you put paint to... don't wipe that one out.  Save it so you will always have that record.  It won't be important to you now, but later on it will be... 

• Like 3

Just now, Grayfax said:

If you know what your first figure was that you put paint to... don't wipe that one out.  Save it so you will always have that record.  It won't be important to you now, but later on it will be... 

I will answer this in 2 ways actually. I love the idea and support it; however the very first painted miniature, (skeleton archer from LTP kit) also acted as my guinea pig for striping paint. He is repainted if I recall (I painted him I think twice before deciding I understood the steps and moving on) but I also think the top layers are peeling so.. to take your advice I will probably put a layer of varnish over him to protect further degradation of paint (which happens for... reasons) and keep him as you suggest. Actually I might even give him a photo shoot and post that tonight,

edit: I just reread and saw that despite praising and supporting your idea, I failed to say thank you. Thanks for the suggestion ^_^

Edited by Slush
I am an idiot
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Flamehawke said:

Perhaps not, but my lair tends to have unending bacon, coffee, ice cream, and chocolate. I also employ top notch kobolds who are culinary experts so he can get more if he wishes it.

Are we talking pig bacon or kobold bacon here? Either way chocolate is the winner in this contest

• Like 5

**** Stirs tea with chocolatecovered Bacon***

Anyway! Have a lot of fun on the forum.

As you have noticed, sometimes threads get a little de-railed..

I'm happy to say I never participate in such evil things..

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 4