Jump to content

Spring Exchange - O-Sayumi (Picture heavy)


Pochi
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The composition of your paint job is unreal. It's challenging to even find words to comment on it. The way you transitioned the black to white by using pink instead of gray is stunning. That transition is unusual from a painting standpoint, but it's not unusual for an actual kimono. I also love the way you painted her headdress. The colors and shapes of the cloth continue from her clothes to her fans, and especially her head. Also, the way the white of her face makeup reflects the bottom of her kimono is... brilliant. Masterful. Then there's that base. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Pochi said:

This is the first time I have posted photos since the board change. Is there no longer a preview button?

 

 

If you look in the upper right part of the toolbar you'll see a page with a magnifying glass.  This toggles the preview mode.  Unfortunately while in preview mode you are locked out of editing your post, which I find rather annoying. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BLZeebub said:

That freehand (fans and kimono) is outstanding.  Looks like you've pretty much picked up resin pouring in one shot too.  Excellent work overall!

Thank you! I had good advice and a great tutorial for the resin pour. Meg Maples told me to get jewelry quality resin and to invest in a dremel for buffing. I used the following tutorial to have an idea of how to do it. It was also a life saver. I couldn't get the sides shiny. They aren't kidding when they say you need to sand it a lot! https://www.reapermini.com/TheCraft/49

 

11 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Amazing!

 

Great dress and that little frog on the base is a nice touch!

Thank you! The little frog is from Busch Small Animals pack as is the koi fish. And man are they small!

 

11 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

The composition of your paint job is unreal. It's challenging to even find words to comment on it. The way you transitioned the black to white by using pink instead of gray is stunning. That transition is unusual from a painting standpoint, but it's not unusual for an actual kimono. I also love the way you painted her headdress. The colors and shapes of the cloth continue from her clothes to her fans, and especially her head. Also, the way the white of her face makeup reflects the bottom of her kimono is... brilliant. Masterful. Then there's that base. 

(BLUSH) Thank you! I can't take credit for the transition idea. I literally Googled kimono images and chose one that I liked and tried to copy what I saw. It was a lot of fun looking up geishas, kimonos, fans, koi, frogs, lotus, and koi ponds.

 

10 hours ago, Inarah said:

Spectacular!

Thank you!

 

9 hours ago, Mckenna35 said:

Love the work on the Kimono.  That turned out great.

Thank you!

 

6 hours ago, DaemonDoesMinis said:

Wow!! Outstanding! I love asian styling and that kimono is amazing ...how it all flows and blends together with the bases. Love it. diffinately something for me to strive towards achieving.

Thank you! I liked the black and pink together and thought I could pull off flowers because you can make them using little dots! I buy lots of little flower tufts so I was lucky and had some in similar colors to ones I used in the kimono.

 

1 hour ago, Auberon said:

 

If you look in the upper right part of the toolbar you'll see a page with a magnifying glass.  This toggles the preview mode.  Unfortunately while in preview mode you are locked out of editing your post, which I find rather annoying. 

Well that is cruddy! Thanks for letting me know. I kept looking for a big button saying "PREVIEW" lol. I always used the preview mode before to tweak my posts before posting.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow and wow.. And wow again! I just can not take my eyes off your masterpiece of a mini/diaroma...

 

I second everyting that has already been said but can not express enough your uncanny attention to detail that manifests itself on the historically correct kimono and the lovely little pond that is also perfect in execution.. I bow deeply in respect.. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is beautiful.  You really did your research!

 

There is so much about it that works.  The kimono is astonishing, and so right.  The fans.  The headdress.  That koi.  Perfect!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Wow and wow.. And wow again! I just can not take my eyes off your masterpiece of a mini/diaroma...

 

I second everyting that has already been said but can not express enough your uncanny attention to detail that manifests itself on the historically correct kimono and the lovely little pond that is also perfect in execution.. I bow deeply in respect.. 

Thank you! It was a fun mini to paint and try out some new things!

 

3 hours ago, Pingo said:

This is beautiful.  You really did your research!

 

There is so much about it that works.  The kimono is astonishing, and so right.  The fans.  The headdress.  That koi.  Perfect!

Thank you! I was happy that the koi was visible both from above and the side!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

geapihpieueueueueueueueurpibbbbbhdfh

 

Sorry!! I had to pick my jaw up off of the keyboard!!

 

Amazing!!  Evilhalfling hit the jackpot when he got you as an exchange partner!

 

Thank you!

 

13 hours ago, LarsM said:

Absolutely amazing!! WOUW!

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...