Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Spring Exchange - O-Sayumi (Picture heavy)

19 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

Beautiful work Pochi, I like everything you did here, the paint, the base, the realistic water effect, everything looks amazing.

Thank you!

So pretty! All of those flowers! This really is a beautiful piece. It looks like you had much better luck with your resin than I did when I did my exchange with resin. It was a MESS! And yes, the new board has thrown me off as well! I haven't been on here in months, so I'm a little lost! :upside:

• Like 1

On 4/20/2017 at 5:46 PM, Chaoswolf said:

She looks fantastic!!

Thank you!

On 4/21/2017 at 0:39 AM, Kharsin said:

So pretty! All of those flowers! This really is a beautiful piece. It looks like you had much better luck with your resin than I did when I did my exchange with resin. It was a MESS! And yes, the new board has thrown me off as well! I haven't been on here in months, so I'm a little lost! :upside:

Thank you!

Well, I have tried using water effects before and it did not go well. I talked to Meg to find out what kind of tape to use and she told me to get the jewelers' resin and what kind of tape, etc. Then I followed the tutorial I linked and after much frustration, it turned out pretty good. The first time I tried using water effects (not this project), it seeped out under the tape I used and made a huge mess! I did use the real water effects on this as a gloss coat. I would still use the water effect stuff for puddles and things like that but anything where you can see the sides like this I wouldn't hesitate to use the resin again. It is super scary though because you have to paint everything first and then hope the resin doesn't mess up and ruin everything!

Welcome back to the forums!

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 1

I really love the vibrancy of the pinks.  I love very colourful mini's and this looks so nice with the pink and white over the black!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Baldur8762 said:

I really love the vibrancy of the pinks.  I love very colourful mini's and this looks so nice with the pink and white over the black!

Thank you! I like bright colors too. I think pink and black looks really good together!

8 hours ago, Silvervane said:

This mini has so much great stuff going on.  Lovely work.

5 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Amazing work, it's GORGEOUS!!

Thank you, guys!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Masaki here (03524) is simply a wonderful, clean, dynamic sculpt, and a perfect foil for O-Sayumi (60191). While you were learning the virtues of the carp, he studied the BLADE. 

Did some image searches for Edo-period prints of storm clouds, lightning, and rough seas. Not perfectly satisfied with the ocean aspects of his robe, but the lightning and clouds will do for now. 

Click for more angles:

"Again we meet! So, the shogun sent you to kill me. He chose assassins well. Your strikes--swifter than the winter wind!"

"And yet no swifter than you parry! But no, Masaki. You fight like twenty wolves. The shogun would never have you killed." 
      "Then who?!"

(If there's one thing the genre teaches us, it is that this will not go well for Masaki.) 

• By SGHawkins09
      Painted up this one for @Auberon as his Secret Sophie figure. Sadly life hit really hard and kept hitting so I just now finished it and got it to him. I also was attempting things (freehand, black hair, NMM) that I was not totally comfortable with so that slowed me down a bit. Overall I am very happy with how everything turned out. I do see room for improvement but I feel like I am headed in the right direction.

Any C&C would be appreciated.

• By Rigel
      Last couple of weeks have kept me busy, but I'm back! (Briefly.)
      60191 is a gorgeous, gracile sculpt by Derek Schubert. A Pathfinder mini, but much more "clean" and less "busy" than many others. Crisp and elegant detail. 
      I love making coral colors from oranges and whites, so her kimono is an orange-to-white-peach gradient. A passerby suggested the contrasting green of the bow and hair wrap (ArmyPainter Kraken Skin). 

The cherry blossom motifs on the kimono are Rhinox Hide and matte white; on the fans, they are Rich Espresso metallic dark bronze and Runefang Steel silver.

This isn't my best work, but it easily cracks the top ten IMO. Took two sessions so far. I'll probably fiddle more with the details of shading and tassels/beads later, but I'm eager to post something. 

More pics with very slight variations below. Sorry for the poor lighting; sun went down while I was making the Shinto arch. 

• By Pochi
      Yes, Jafar has an evil twin. He decided that "phenomenal cosmic power but itty bitty living space" wasn't his thing so he decided to go a different route to achieve his fame and fortune. His name is Aziz and he has been working on ways to call forth the dead.

I am running an Egyptian based Earthdawn game and realized I paint lots of pretty girls and hardly have any guys (good or bad) even though I do buy males. So, for the past couple weeks I have been working on all male figures - mummies, merchants, a cat...hey, it's a boy cat!, and Aziz. Now I am trying to get everything on bases.

So, I had considered putting Aziz on a desert base or a temple floor base but I didn't have what I was looking for so went searching through a friend's box of goodies. He tossed me this base and said "Here ya go, make it lava." Well, I didn't "see" lava when I looked at him but thought I could do something to match the green of the flame coming from the skull. I then had the idea of a hand reaching out of the....goo?....slime?....stuff? So, we started digging through the rest of his stuff and found some arms and heads (also bodies but I didn't want the whole thing) so I chose what I wanted and went to work on his base. I also used Chaoswolf's tutorial on making stringy blood to make dripping goo off the zombie guy's hand. Pretty pleased with how it turned out!

As for the pictures, the green is bright (Valejo Fluorescent Green) but not quite as bright as the pictures make it look. In the base there is actually some yellow and white swirled in and then I mixed some green ink with realistic water and poured that over everything. You can't really see any of the details in the photos. I might try different photos with lights angled differently or something.

Anyway, here he is! Questions, comments, critiques welcome and encouraged!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)