Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
With my wife and I preparing to buy a house we've been clearing out a lot of our clutter to make packing and moving easier. We've also been working hard to bring in extra money too, and this project will hopefully do both.
Today my wife signed up for a craft fair to help sell the wreaths she's been making for the upcoming holidays. From what she's heard from friends and other crafters this particular craft fair is really eclectic and pulls in quite a diverse crowd. As she told me about it that's when the idea seemed to hit us both, why not try to clear out all that terrain junk I've been hoarding?
So instead of sitting down and painting or creating my latest joke piece I got started. First up was a couple of single tent encampments. I made one on a rounded base to better fit in a table of terrain and I made the second one squared to fit better on a grid system.
Both pieces have their good and bad points but like usual I learn by doing; no amount of research or prep work make up for actual experience. Which is the main reason I made these single tent camps. Hopefully I've learned enough to make any subsequent larger camps better.
Next up are a couple of joke pieces that were honestly going to get made anyway. That's right, they'll be 40k statues when I'm done with them, besides Buzz looks kinda like a space marine already. I had some glue left over so I also started making some sci-fi barrels and I know I'll be making a ton of those.
The last piece of the night is going to be a simple 40k watchtower. At the moment it's really just in its infancy. The main features are finished barring creating a door and applying some details to the piece.
Now before anyone gets too excited, I'm not selling any of these pieces online or anything like that. These are literally pieces that are made to be sold for less than five bucks or so and are really only being made to clear out my hobby hoardings.
So this is the first time I tried painting freehand on the shield This is the end result of the conversion:
And for the conversion part, I didn't like neither this minis pose, nor its weapon choice (pickaxe really???), nor its commie looking (???) sigil on the shield. So I removed the weapon and sanded the shield. I also think that his pose looks a lot more natural as a spear throw than a pickaxe swing.. Also gave him some simple terrain and a quick paint Thanks for looking!
Hi everyone, I recently had the pleasure of realizing that I inadvertently bought the same Gnoll model twice. So, I decided to convert two of them to create a little variety in my hunting party. Read the text under each picture to have more detail. This post was purposely written as a guide for any who would like to try their hands at converting Reaper Bones model or any other models.
I used two 77236 Bloodmane the Gnoll Warrior sculpted by Tre Manor, 77235 Toghra the Gnoll Leader sculpted by Jason Wiebe and 14056 Weapon Pack 1 sculpted by Tim Kaufman.
I first separated the dagger handle from the body. Just a simple notch did the trick.
I then cut the trunk along the belt.
Again, on the other side of the model, I cut the body following the belt as a guide.
I have this hollow feeling in my stomach...
Same thing for Toghra, cut the body along the belt line.
I drilled a hole in Toghra’s lower section and cut a small nail to pin the two parts together.
I drilled a hole in Bloodmane’s upper body section and tested the pin in.
I glued the pin in the leg part. I’m using Gorilla Super Glue.
I then removed the handaxe cutting the handle just above the fist. I keep it for later use.
The tricky part is to drill a hole in straight line through the fist. I had to use a small drill bit, smaller than the new weapon handle not to tear the plastic.
I used a slightly bigger drill bit to get the hole a little larger.
After cleaning the mold line on the new weapon, I cut the handle in halves in order to keep the pommel intact.
I had to use a file to reduce the diameter of the handle.
Also, I removed two spikes from the shield to alter its aspect from the one the other Gnoll Worrior is wearing.
Finally, I’m using a piece of wooden stick to adjust the posture of the model on its base.
I often use this simple trick to level my models. I use super glue to fix the parts together.
I’m using 40mm round base for the Gnoll. These models are large and even if there in game space size is 25mm, I personally prefer larger base to have more room for decoration.
That’s it, I’ll need to fill the gap above the belt and along the shoulder.
I’ll also be using Greenstuff to fill the gap and complete the base before cleaning everything with soft soap and water prior to painting.
I added some notches on the cutting edge of the original Gnoll’s plastic axe. I’ll be using it as a battlefield wreck weapon to decorate the base.
Who's Online 25 Members, 3 Anonymous, 129 Guests (See full list)