Sign in to follow this  
pcktlnt

Drowned Earth Miniatures Game (Kickstarter)

Link

The Drowned Earth...

...is a tabletop miniatures game where brave heroes and villains risk the dangers of the wilds for glorious riches and ancient technology!

• Played on a 3ftx3ft table. 
  • 5 (or more) models a side. 
  • Scenario based play.
  • Beautifully cast, multi-part metal miniatures. 

The game is set in the land of Ulaya, a tropical world of flooded cities, overgrown ruins and terrifying predators. 

aa47bed9e71ebddb493cf79234d85bd1_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1492283369&auto=format&q=92&s=2659979d6a77f2cf2806685e1dac6538

About the Development Process

When I decided to create The Drowned Earth I had Four simple design briefs. I wanted the game to have: 

• A Parkour/ Freerunning movement system.
  • Rules which told a narrative through a dramatic reaction mechanic.
  • A streamlined, elegant system which was quick to learn and easy to remember.
  • An unambiguous rules set suitable for competitive play. 

Two years of development later, and I think I've ticked those boxes, and many more! The Drowned Earth is the kind of game you can tell stories about, without once talking about the mechanics or the dice you rolled. 

Models leap off buildings, guns blazing, dodge bullets as they run through open ground, and swing from vines to take key objectives. It truly is a cinematic, narrative game full of knife edge choices and story moments!

About the Miniatures

I've watched and backed a lot of Kickstarters, and passionately want to avoid the pitfalls many of them experience with late delivery, quality issues and production bottle necks. As a first time producer I have done as much research as possible to mitigate risk. 

To that end I have established full production pipeline and have actually gone through a complete production cycle with an outstanding metal caster, to deliver to you the best metal miniatures I can. Pictures speak a thousand words. 

abf0a1a2833879d48538971528eacd38_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1492294307&auto=format&q=92&s=5e16858d6dab2046de6008fc71641ce9

009e45aa40953e7a1c97d22343f93c24_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1491594715&auto=format&q=92&s=d1f71526bc36b14eb632b47debded776

aea9556451bbcedf1600d855d8280ac9_original.jpg?w=680&fit=max&v=1492271028&auto=format&q=92&s=e436437b3a1d1c6943c5581459d067ba

Edited by SamuraiJack
  • Like 3

Goal reached. Two spitters add-on for  £10.00.

f904a73adc6d93ddd5108a34e3db0254_original.png?w=639&fit=max&v=1492798109&auto=format&lossless=true&s=fd8941bbbe48d5f1e769e5fe5b862285

This one is up next.

Ohhhhhh yes, I rather think so, don't you?

• Like 2

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cicciopiu
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iscreamart/the-ring-the-innovative-way-to-help-you-paint-your

Found this on kickstarter, seems a very useful handle, the idea of the ring is super and  I find that the way it turn upside-down it's brilliant!

Maybe the shipping for EU it's a bit too hight considering it ship from UK... but at least it is not overpriced. 

I'm in for the early basic :)
    • By Clearman
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/titanforgeminis/bloodfields-complete-3d-printable-wargame

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95LnLg5DomM&feature=emb_logo

3D printable skirmish game from Titan Forge Miniatures.  Not much in the way of imagery yet, but launches sometime this month.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/859512613/cyber-city?ref=discovery_category_newest

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/printyourmonsters/fantastic-plants-and-rocks

Hi Folks! I am releasing a monster sized Kickstarter with my son. Fantastic Plants and Rocks will fill your table with every environment you can think of. From Alien Flora to Icy Glaciers ! Don't miss out on this high quality terrain! All-In Pledge only 17euros (19$) :) 
      core set =  20 sets, each containing 5 plans ( 100 models) + all stretch goals
      I hope you will be many to support this new project :)) 
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/signumgames/527267827?ref=3nzxlc&token=1a256880&mc_cid=28db65d226&mc_eid=abdb3f3c83

Story
        Signum Workshop is a division of Signum Games company that specializes in the creation of high-quality fantasy miniatures in STL format for self-printing.
      Signum Games have been creating and casting fantasy resin miniatures for several years, and our miniatures have a lot of admirers from all over the world. 3D printers are nowadays becoming more and more popular, therefore we decided to join the market and make our miniatures more accessible to you.
      The imagination of our artists and modellers have no borders, and sometimes there are just too many new characters (or variations of one character) for us to be able to cast all at once in resin. But we don't want new characters to just gather dust on the hard drive and wait for their time to come. After all, now we finally can share all our new products with you!
        All of our miniatures have 32mm scale, which was not a suitable scale for some board games. All our models in files will be pre-assembled and have an option of individual parts.
        You can learn all about the quality of our models and to print files simply by clicking on the link and download a free model!
          The Signum Workshop project is only at the very beginning of its journey, so we will be happy to see your support, questions, advice, and comments on Patreon! 
      By supporting us on Patreon, every month you will get access to a new set of STL files of our newest miniatures.
        Dear friends,
      this set introduces 4 factions that will appear on our Patreon in the future.
      You will meet Plague fighters from the far East, proud warriors from the hot South, harsh warriors from the cold North, and adventurers from the mountains of the West.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)