Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Catgirl Pirate by Das Schwarze Auge (Ral Partha Europe)

This is a catgirl pirate ( "Nyamaunir-Piratin"), figure #15503C from Das Schwarze Auge, produced under license by Ral Partha Europe (which is not Ral Partha).

Got that?

She is a wee bit on the small side.  Here from left to right are a cat person (Khaliman) from the French "Alkemy" game, our little kee kat pirate, Reaper's 77340: Avatar of Sekhmet, and Reaper's 03478: Tawny Firehair, Cat Girl.

DSC_0173A-Cat-people-sallow-bases.jpg.eb9700560ce9bf5adea601187e9a8f0b.jpg

Here she is up close.  She has some nice details and a more fuzzy appearance than most of the cat people minis I've seen.

DSC_0152D-Die-Schwarze-Auge-catgirl-pirate.jpg.e7bcd4bf6f96339051a190c2a8be13ac.jpg

This is my standard priming:  A thinned coat of Titanium White allowed to dry for a full day, then a wash with thinned Burnt Umber.  It's related to Renaissance painting techniques and I find it gives a good warm foundation to start from.

I was painting her at the same time as some wolves, for economy of paint.  I figure I'm going to paint her like a grey cat.

The first coat of paint is a light grey mixed from Ultramarine Blue and Burnt Sienna, lightened a good deal with white. 

DSC_0226-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.3b35fb5d4bc3a987f057120c4e029998.jpg

Here's a back view:

DSC_0227-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.a43862d1629d098365f78cf39b80a1eb.jpg

It may be noticed I'm a little casual how I apply my paint.  There are bits not covered and the paint has been thinned down and it isn't always the same opacity because of that and the under-brown shows through.

I mixed a slightly more translucent, darker version of the same grey and added some more.

DSC_0239-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.5f5430d0f66f04adabc0c70d16d0e2de.jpg

DSC_0240-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.361c6f436d45b30915a9dda5d0a8d5d8.jpg

Then I took some matte pure Carbon Black and indicated in her eyes, nose, mouth, and claws.  I put an undercoat of black on her sabers as long as I was at it, since I find it looks very good under silver.

DSC_0284-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.bf835b2943aad463aaf2931d8682278e.jpg

Tune in later to find out what's next ...

• Like 18

Cool mini!

I have some DSA minis, they were originally from a German Company named Hobby Products, the same company that made the Demonworld 15mm Game.

Ral Partha Europe still sells both lines.

Wonderful stuff.

I like your approach!

• Like 1

Just tossed a little Red Iron Oxide as a base coat on her head bandanna.

DSC_0627-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.f68fec4b812de66813733ba651f211c8.jpg

DSC_0628-Das-Schwarze-Auge-Catgirl-Pirate.jpg.083eb50015a232ec7e74e4ce65d5d8b7.jpg

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Are you going to put dots or stripes on the bandana?

Aren't red bandannas always paisely?  ::P:

(She said, asking for trouble ...)

• Like 3

Just now, Pingo said:

Aren't red bandannas always paisely?  ::P:

(She said, asking for trouble ...)

You know they are! ::P:

Spoiler

red_pirate_banners_skull_crossed_bones_s

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment