Sunless Citadel 5e pbp

haldir

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Auberon said:

Well, almost.  While I toyed with human the final character is an elven rogue.

Now that I've picked an elf it's time to find a nearly unpronounceable 20 syllable name.

Supercalifragilisticexpeallodociouswyniteraquintus?

• Like 1

Just now, haldir said:

goes by Bob.....

Which, phonetically, is spelled Babdh, lol... Although technically it's a girl's name (one of the three aspects of the Morrigan)...

If you want a nice unpronounceable Gaelic name, how about "Cnu Deireóil"?  (Though technically he was a bard, not a rogue...)

35 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

Which, phonetically, is spelled Babdh, lol... Although technically it's a girl's name (one of the three aspects of the Morrigan)...

If you want a nice unpronounceable Gaelic name, how about "Cnu Deireóil"?  (Though technically he was a bard, not a rogue...)

Speaking of Morrigan, played a fighter at ReaperCon for a couple years (game by Steve Page). He was your normal fight with sword, had chainmail, etc until we found a black sword inside a mound. I figured ah hell this is just a one shot...so I grabbed the sword, made my save & was the harbinger of Morrigan, but only if I didn't wear armor & only used the sword. It ended up being a +2 sword. We played S&W rules. Fun times. Really miss those years at ReaperCon.

Or you could borrow the name of one of my old characters...

Uisge Dubh  - It's pronounced "Whishka Doov", and means "Black Water" (aka, blood)...

(If the first part of that sounds kind of familiar, you might recognize the phrase Uisge Beatha, or "Water of Life" - otherwise known in English as Whiskey... ::D:)

I once had a DM that was horrible at coming up with names on the spot.  99% of the random NPCs we met were named Bob.  I gave him a list of names under the title "Thy Name Shall not be 'Bob.'"

I wasn't actually planning on anything that complicated given I'll actually need to type it from time to time.  Something simple.  Like Eóin Cinnéididh.  Is there an equivalent of Fitzgerald?  It not I'll go with Fionnbharr. 

Eóin Fionnbharr Cinnéididh  :lol:

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Auberon said:

I once had a DM that was horrible at coming up with names on the spot.  99% of the random NPCs we met were named Bob.  I gave him a list of names under the title "Thy Name Shall not be 'Bob.'"

I wasn't actually planning on anything that complicated given I'll actually need to type it from time to time.  Something simple.  Like Eóin Cinnéididh.  Is there an equivalent of Fitzgerald?  It not I'll go with Fionnbharr. 

Eóin Fionnbharr Cinnéididh  :lol:

Aye, Finn it is!

Hey, use whatever name you want.  Just don't be surprised when we call you something easier.

Like one of the guys that used to work for me.  His last name was Luquesneveves.  He rapidly became L-13.  No I don't remember how to spell his name correctly.  I just thrugh 13 letters together in the general order.

• Like 1

My character's name is actually extremely easy once anglicized, but that would take the fun out of it.

I have been around quite a few international people over the years and found that there are very few names that I have any difficulty with.  It throws them off a bit when I use their actual name; got to keep 'em on their toes.

I don't think I could call a person "L-13" though.  :mellow:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hey, use whatever name you want.  Just don't be surprised when we call you something easier.

Like one of the guys that used to work for me.  His last name was Luquesneveves.  He rapidly became L-13.  No I don't remember how to spell his name correctly.  I just thrugh 13 letters together in the general order.

Heh, I have a player in my group who always comes up with something incredibly difficult to pronounce and as a result, the group always ends up calling his character by the first syllable.  Or Sue.  :)

• Like 2