Sign in to follow this  
SparrowMarie

Shadows of Brimstone Resin Heroes & Villains

Here is a link to my blog where I posted all the photos. I didn't want to just stick them all here since there are quite a few and didn't want to overload people with photos. The photography and lighting definitely isn't the best but I'm working on that. Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

https://sparrowmarieminis.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/shadows-of-brimstone-resin-minis/

• Like 11

These look very nice. I like your color choices. What are you going to do for bases? That would give them a nice finished look. It could be something as simple as just adding some sand or you could get crazy and have cacti and tumbleweeds. Nice job on the minis and cool looking blog!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pochi said:

These look very nice. I like your color choices. What are you going to do for bases? That would give them a nice finished look. It could be something as simple as just adding some sand or you could get crazy and have cacti and tumbleweeds. Nice job on the minis and cool looking blog!

Thank you! For now I'm not doing anything to the bases, I plan on in the future going back and putting sand and maybe some small rocks on them if possible.

• Like 1

Very nice indeed!

Personally I couldn't get enough of the Nun.  

Its a little hard to tell, but is that free hand pockets on the jeans of the female drifter?

I really enjoyed the blog, thanks for sharing it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MKCS said:

Very nice indeed!

Personally I couldn't get enough of the Nun.  

Its a little hard to tell, but is that free hand pockets on the jeans of the female drifter?

I really enjoyed the blog, thanks for sharing it.

Thanks! Nope, didn't get too fancy with the freehand on any of them, those are sculpted there.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      Spent just about a week on this one. It was fun. My GS work sucks but it's done. C&C welcome.

• By SparrowMarie
      Painted this up. Finally attached her to the base. Not sure if I want to just paint black over the base or do something fancy with it.

• By Maledrakh
      I have been playing Doom Eternal lately. Several stages within some of the missions are set inside massive demonic fleshy creatures or structures with organic tunnels. Organic as in made of living meat, like a skinned carcass, with giant meaty blobs, bladders, tendons and instestines everywhere. The floor covered in pools of acid...one can only imagine the smell.
      Naturally, this made me want to paint up some of the minis for the Shadows of Brimstone Belly of the Beast Otherworld. This otherworld is just such an organic hellscape, set inside the entrails of some enormous cosmic creature. The Belly of the Beast Expansion rules, cards and map bits come in the "Temple of Shadows" expansion set, an expansion for the japanese-themed Forbidden Fortress base set. The Skin Crawler minis are also included in this expansion, while the Gastral Tyrant, Bone Eaters and Acid Blobs each are in their own little enemy packs. I have at least the flesh mites still to do, and I am thinking some more giant tentacles would fit this theme well, if I can find them. Maybe even some of the new, japanese-themed heroes too.

This lot took me a couple of evenings to do, mostly drying time in between prepping the Bones 4 Lost Valley Expansion minis. 

Lots more pictures below.

• By SparrowMarie
      It's been quite some time since I've done a show off but here goes.

I painted this mini in about 6 hours. Still need to gloss and seal. C&C welcome.

• By SparrowMarie
      So my Husband needs a boat for his 4E campaign. It unfortunately cannot wait until Bones 5 delivers so I bought a paper craft boat from World Works Games. It's called The Maiden. It's HUGE. Photo from the website in spoiler. In the photo you can see a few minis placed on it for scale. 

Like I said HUGE. I've done some other paper craft boats before but nothing like this. I'll be using foamcore for the base of the decks but the rest of it is card stock, transparency paper, and Uhu glue(the glue stick not the liquid-y stuff). I'm not yet sure which figurehead and props I will be using. I may just make them all and let Husband decide what he wants/needs after that.

Thankfully, this thing comes with pretty detailed instructions so it shouldn't be...not sure hard is the word I want but it's the one I'm going to use. So it shouldn't be hard, it's just up to my skill to cut, glue, and (most importantly) follow directions. It will take lots of time though I am sure of that. 
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)