Sign in to follow this  
Smokestack

Plastic multi-part fauns (male and female)

Some modifications we are working on. 

Added a slight deviation for the female body (one faun with a strap around shoulder, one with no strap)

Making the female head slightly more beast like (horns are a place holder for the heads).

Towards the back a rack system is being worked on to incorporate the shield in back (for the hobbyist if they wish)

Male neutral pose here is show casing how we will use a two handed grip for the falx/rhomphaia. 

On the female head, I am leaning towards number 2 with the facial features, but I would love to hear any feedback. Quite excited to see how this will finish :)

f_n_full_wip_01 (1).jpg

Faun chest art 2.jpg

female faun.JPG

Two handed peak.jpg

• Like 4

Those are looking really nice. Will there be enough of any one weapon type to do all in the same style? Like all spear or all bow or all sword?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Those are looking really nice. Will there be enough of any one weapon type to do all in the same style? Like all spear or all bow or all sword?

Original plan was javelin throwers and archers, but it was evident people wanted warriors, bowmen and javelin throwers. What you're seeing is the body pose phase my sculptor has been working on for the past month or so. He was kind enough to start posing weapon samples next to them for me. From this we can see what the poses would look like with weapons. We are working on two main poses, a neutral standing position and a 3-1 pose.

Directly to your question, plan is a kit which has enough to kit 10 men with spears (5 spears standing, 5 being from the javelin throwers with spears held upward above the heads of the first rank). This way I can save space on the sprue. In addition, there will be a two handed axe and rhompaia for a special character. To round it out, we will have swords for the females and males, with a sprinkling of single handed maces/clubs/axes for whatever your needs are. There will be ten bows, 5 standing while picking arrows out of quivers, and a second rank of 5 with notched bows (picture includes it above). Javelin throwers will mimic this style a tad, with first rank at throw, with a second rank at the ready with javelin in hand. 

Shields are going to be attachable, which means you have the option now of using them, or not. In back we are finding a way to see how the shield will line up on the rack.   

Weapon phase will give you a better look on the poses. 

Ill keep posting to show you guys what I mean. In the mean time I am going to try to see how I can fix the shofar pose. 

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 2

In the middle of adjusting the 4-1 female pose, some pictures fixed include the javelin. Sword and bow on left need some tweaking.

javelin 2.jpg

javelin 3.jpg

Female faun 1.jpg

female 4-1.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 3

The 3-1 we keep going on about has evolved for both the male and female to focus on a 4-1 idea. The torso allows the player to change arms and draw the bow upward, or to act as the arrows are being drawn. Some adjustments in the straps allow the models arm to align better. 

4 in 1 male.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 3

Gotta say, I'd be far more interested in these if any of them had facial expressions. Seems like beastmen that are known to be passionate and fierce should have some expression. 

These are place holder heads. I get to mess around with those once the head phase rolls in. You'll notice most of the heads are one or the other if male or female. 

This is a starting point we can get worked on. 

faces.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Smokestack said:

These look good. Any chance of Doing a "just female" box and a "just Male" box?

Separating the sprues is easy enough, but to make a mold for each set would prove tricky on the resource front. There is a good chance I can offer an ala carte option, or an upgrade pack to address a full male or full female set. 

For anyone who wants to take a peak at a metal version of our original concept faun, we have a small batch for sale at https://rgdgaming.com/products/faun-tracker . A painted version of it is underway and won't be too long before I can get you some pics. 

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 2

Perhaps it would be possible to make each frame in such a way that it can easily be divided in half - rather than trying to create two completely separate molds.

The Auld Grump

2 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Perhaps it would be possible to make each frame in such a way that it can easily be divided in half - rather than trying to create two completely separate molds.

The Auld Grump

That was the plan. Segregating males and females to their own connected sprue is cheaper than making a mold for each. 

Here is a sneak preview of a faun model in work

faun.jpg

Edited by rgdgaming
  • Like 5

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heresylab2/charmin-vault-adventurers-dandd-animal-inspired-characters?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
       HeresyLab was born in May 2018 with the intent to create and deliver very high quality resin miniatures for the gamer. In the past 18 months we have run 10 successful Kickstarters and delivered over 45000 miniatures to our backers and customers, even when we had to face some rough circumstances. In a few months we will be sending another 20000 models from last Kickstarter. 
      This project was born after my daughter started playing D&D with her friends and requested me a special miniature for her character. But once done all the friends also wanted one, so we decided to use the main model and with the help of Richard Clark we designed a whole range of models. Now we need your help to make production possible. 
      The campaign is focused to produce 6 to 12 different races based on funding. Models willbe available as sets or single miniatures. This will probably be a one time project and not go on regular sale. We are still debating on it.  Below you will see the available models and they will increase based on funding... 

• By Balgin Stondraeg
      Yedharo/GT Studio, who haven't delivered on their Orc Busts campaign yet (I know that's important for you*) are running a little 2 week campaign for some dwarf miniatures.

Live Link

Now personally I like some of these but, in many cases, there's something slightly off about them. One of the dwarf warriors has a slab-like square beard. The heavily armoured dwarfs with the big shields feel too Wizards of the Coast and not Old Wordy enough for me. It's mostly those helmet designs. Overall they're not a bad bunch 'though. I keep looking at that jumping trollslayer and hearing the song from Singham in my head.

* Personally when it comes to people starting a new kickstarter before delivering on a previous one my opinion depends on who's behind the project. It depends on their reputation. Are they known for being capable of delivering on their promises? Do I know them well? Have I placed orders with them before with satisfactory results etc? Have I had bad customer service experiences with them in the past? If it's Shadows Of Esteren, for example, then I'd probably be all over it. If it were Norba Miniatures then it would probably get a big fat no from me. If it were Titanforge..... I'd seriously have to think about it because their quality is really good but they don't seem to be so good at delivering their kickstarters. So I tend to moderate my opinion on repeat campaigns before delivering on a case by case basis.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/109786817/planet-of-the-apes-the-miniatures-boardgame?ref=discovery_category_newest

About

• By Rahz
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/dreamforge-games-eisenkern-grav-stug

Didn't see this one on the forums yet.  DreamForge is releasing something new following their past production issues.  Neat looking tank.  I've got a bunch of their other stuff, and while I haven't built the big mech yet, the other vehicles and troops were great kits.  Not sure they're going to hit the goal at this rate though. 
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1696155462/artificial-incident-book-one?ref=user_menu

About
      Hey folks. How do I pitch this? I guess I can start with a little bit about myself. I've been doing webcomics since the end of 2003. Back then I started a little webcomic I called Yosh!(because I was a total weeb).  Now here we are, 15 years later… and I’m still doing 3 Yosh!comics every week.  There are over 2000 comics on Yosh! Problem is, Yosh!, while fun, isn't the only idea running around in my head waiting for when I feel skilled enough to take on a bigger challenge. There's a bunch of projects I want to do. Almost 3 years ago, I started working on one of those other ideas. That comic series is called Artificial Incident.
      Artificial Incident is a project I fell in love with as soon as I figured out that it already had a known Genre. Yosh! fell into the "Slice of life" category even though very little of it fell into everyday life, but because there really wasn't a better fit for it, it was categorized as that. AI, on the other hand, was RPG Literature, or for the weebs, an Isekai (Yep, 15 years later, still a weeb). 
      Allow me to explain my passion, or skip this paragraph. I love stories that take a person and throws them into a familiar yet alien world.  Stories like The Wizard of Oz, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and yes, even Captain N the Game Masters (Actually I was more a fan of the Dungeons and Dragons animated series but anyways). I enjoyed these stories because I saw so much potential and a simple connection. Most people can put themselves in the shoes of the person thrust into this strange situation. They can think about what they would do and how they would react. This creates an instant connection to the protagonist of the story. Then there's the shear number of familiar yet different things you can do leading to near limitless potential, while not being so alien that people have trouble understanding it. It's a perfect storm of unique and familiar attributes.
      So, what Is Artificial Incident? It's the story of a character that not only gets pulled into a video game, but has the memories of that character as if they actually lived their life within the game. This caused many of the character's original memories to be overwritten, but not all of them. They're not alone in this game though. The story focuses on the main characters and the mysteries that unfold from the world. This includes everything from the NPCs, to a massive change in the economy and civilizations of the world, to even other Player Characters... from entirely different games.
      What makes AI different from other similar stories? This comic has many unique traits, but the thing that frustrates me the most about many current similar stories is their lack of actually showing why things are the way they are. So many mysteries and concepts are never explored. AI is written to explore these changes and work to discover the reasons behind them rather than just accepting things "just because".  

• Who's Online   35 Members, 5 Anonymous, 80 Guests (See full list)