GW Announces WH40K 8th edition

Chaoswolf

On 5/23/2017 at 0:27 PM, Pingo said:

The plural of index is indices, just as the plural of codex is codices.

Just for funsies, the plural of sphinx is sphinges.

I like to spell it with two xx at the end  sphinxx. Codexx. It looks cooler. ::P: But not 3... that's over the top. MADNESS I TELL YOU!

• Like 3

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the Age of Sigmar Khorne guys could be converted without too much hassle, @David Brawley...

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 8:11 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'd prefer Eldar or Orks.  But I figure they know what is most popular.  the longer this pre-release hype goes on, the more tempted I am to dip a toe back in.

Go ahead, you know you want to...

:devil:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I'm glad it's Nurgle. If it had been Khorne I don't know that I'd have been able to resist...

If they did a new pop of Khorne Berzerkers, I'd have lost my marbles... The current kit is ok if you switch out the clown hands for the pistol/CCW parts from the regular CSM kit. I keep a lot of the Berzerker frames around for conversion fodder (currently working on Berzerker Raptors using the winged parts from the Posessed kit).

Damon.

• Like 3

On 5/23/2017 at 1:27 PM, Pingo said:

The plural of index is indices, just as the plural of codex is codices.

Just for funsies, the plural of sphinx is sphinges.

Though I have seen the word codecii used. (Because Greek plurals can be confusing, and it seems that there are folks that think codex is a Greek word?....(It isn't.))

The Auld Grump - yes, I have been one of those people....

• Like 4

9 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I'm glad it's Nurgle. If it had been Khorne I don't know that I'd have been able to resist...

I'm of the opposite opinion; there's been so much Khorne lately, from AoS in particular but also Forge World, it's nice to see Papa Nurgle get some love.

Having said that, an update to the Khorne berserker kit would be great.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dai-Mongar said:

I'm of the opposite opinion; there's been so much Khorne lately, from AoS in particular but also Forge World, it's nice to see Papa Nurgle get some love.

I've paid GW very little attention lately, so I've missed all that. But yeah, the berserker kit really is due for a redesign. They were fantastic 20 years ago, but now?

• Like 1

On 5/25/2017 at 0:43 AM, Dai-Mongar said:

I'm actually waiting for Slaanesh to get some love (pun intended::P:).

Khorne has gotten a lot of stuff like you said, Nurgle has gotten a little bit here and there, plus the new starter set, and Tzeench got new Thousand Sons marines and Sorcerers, cultists, and even a freaking ginormous PRIMARCH:wow: not too long ago. Slaanesh has gotten nada.

Gimme some new noise marines, and MAKE 'EM LOUD!!

And yes, the old Berserker kit is in serious need of an update. Heck, so is at least half of the rest of the range, too.

• Like 5

I'm pretty confident that they will get around to ALL the Chaos Cults, and revamp. Already have Tzeentch aligned Thousand Sons, we're getting Nurgle aligned Death Guard (as well as rumors that Daemon primarch Mortarion is going to make an appearance), so I'm sure Angron & Fulgrim will be around in time...

Damon.

• Like 3

On 12-5-2017 at 2:36 AM, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

*pages through all the histories of the Imperium* Well....... if he's the false emperor, then who's the real one?:huh:

50984826a9385bb89bd3c059fa1335f0.jpg

On 12-5-2017 at 4:48 PM, Chaoswolf said:

Excellent!

LET THE GALAXY BURN!!!

(I also have a pretty healthy collection of loyalist space marines and Imperial Guard figures, too. Most of them are unbuilt/unpainted, so they could be the start of a loyalist army, or appropriately converted and added to the Chaos ranks.)

I have played 40K about 3 times in my life and that was decades ago.

Still, I have a thing for Chaos.

I collected , painted and then sold my armies.

I used to have a large Nurgle Space Marine force, I had converted a squad of Fallen Angels as allies, a converted dreadnought and bikers.

Also had a scratch build Slaanesh buggy.

Still like the fluff and all.

• Like 4