Sign in to follow this  
JackMann

Reaper's 25th Anniversary Miniature - May

On 4/9/2017 at 0:26 AM, JackMann said:

Hmm. No announcement of new figures for the month yet. I'm thinking I might want to make my order now, before the coming Bonestorm.

That might be a good idea. If I recall correctly, they're not doing new releases this month because of bones 3 shipping, but online order fulfillment will continue as usual. So we don't need to worry about making our orders "in time".

Edited by redambrosia
I recalled wrong
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

Is the 12th too early to beg for a hint about May's figure?

How about bribe?

I usually wait until the middle of the month before I bug Reaper Ron for previews. After that, I make him rue the day that he made me wait so long.:lol:

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Reaper Ron said:

May's Silver Anniversary Mini revealed!

Sculpted by the amazing Bobby Jackson, painted by the incomparable Rhonda Bender.

More photos coming very soon!

Well at least I guessed the hood right!!!

Awesome looking mini. Have some items I've wanting to get, so it'll be a easy $40 to spend next month.

• Like 10

Man, Rhonda's paint jobs have always been outstanding, but her recent ones have been hardcore awesome. Lately I keep buying some of the newer minis just based on her paint jobs. I'm pretty sure that I don't need this mini for gaming, but I'd like to see if I could manage to paint that rust effect around those rivets, or get that turquoise highlight on the cloak to work like she did, or get the leather to look that worn... You know, just follow her paint work to hopefully bump up my painting skills a little. I've already done that a few times but it's been a while. The Winter Fairy will probably be the next paint job I try to recreate, then Tara, and then this hoodlum. It may not be the most creative way to improve somebody's paint work, but it's such a fun challenge. 

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That is an awesome sculpt and a wonderful paint job. How many times does Reaper make an artist go back until it's absolutely perfect?

Our artists are so good, they nail it perfectly first time around. ::):

• Like 18