Dark Sword Miniatures – Stephanie Law Masterworks Expansion

Harrek

6 hours ago, Thes Hunter said:

I was trying to keep myself out of this one. I like the animals but I didn't think Patrick Keith captured the exact 'feyness' of her drawings. But with the deal I'm getting I can over look that and the dragon skulls that are too large on the fighters heads. 

Counting 2 small minis as 1, there are 28 figures in this kickstarter. That makes them about $3.50 a mini. You can neve find such a deal on Darksword minis. 

Now to figure out a plan to hide them from my husband.

You do have the dark side of the basement...

• Like 4

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but he goes into that side.

Its more that I have to get them from the mail box to my side of the basement (The light side.) without him knowing.

Once in my paint room, he will never know which minis came from the 1st Stephanie Law KS, vs. the 2nd (which at this point he doesn't know about.) 

• Like 3

I am so excited for this to arrive, even barring the 2 i don't like (Those rogues would be... mediocre if the concept art wasnt right there to tell us what we missed)  just waiting to see what that Phoenix will look like when done is enough to jump on board

• Like 2

Grr, argh, I really want a couple of the add-on packs, but there's not $100 of figures in the core set that I will need/want/paint to justify spending that much. I will be patient and wait for retail, I love the Necromancer lady and the Phoenix! :wub:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Grr, argh, I really want a couple of the add-on packs, but there's not $100 of figures in the core set that I will need/want/paint to justify spending that much. I will be patient and wait for retail, I love the Necromancer lady and the Phoenix! :wub:

Huzzah!

Yeah i hear that a bit.  I know they'll be in 3 pack blisters it woulda been awesome if they divided the core a bit,  maybe like 3 packages,  the male  figures, the female,  or both,  then alternate which stretch goals went to which, like first goes to group 1 and alternating from there,  leaving the Phoenix for everyone,  group 3 obviously being all in would get all.  

Doing something  like that would allow people to get a core pack, add ones to boost the pledge, things like that

But then again i don't like the intricacies of kickstarter and that might turn into either a mess or something... in theory in my uneducated mind it sounds like a way for people who go "i like a few core and i love the add ons but don't want to pay for the rest" so  they just skip altogether..

Also part of this idea came when i was looking at the terrain ks where different goals only applied to associated packages

Okay, I failed my save and will be getting both, the male and the female adventurers. Thank god most of my party plays humans.

That Phoenix goes really has me in aww, especially since it was supposedly not planned, and it looks like that center piece of a KS collection you use to draw the people in. And it really looks a lot like the drawing Stephanie did. 

• Like 4

The phoenix really is great, and there aren't a lot of phoenix minis out there.  This one will be a lot of fun to paint. 

Given that I was keen on this project when it launched, I'm very, very happy with the amount we've unlocked.  Someone commented (can't remember if it was here or on the Kickstarter comments) that there are more minis in this expansion than there were in the first Stephanie Law KS, so it really is an amazing value. 

For those planning on retail, at least the wait won't be long and I'm sure Jim appreciates your retail dollars as much as the KS ones.  (Probably more, honestly.) 

I'm sooooo excited!!!  ::D:

• Like 5

It would be nice if there were a few modes of backing for the kickstarter. Like a "casters, fighters, sound-and-stealth", or "males, females", or something of that nature. Oh well. I'm pretty happy with the core ones; all the extras are making me super giddy. 

• Like 1

I can understand why they did it this way, though; it makes fulfillment MUCH faster, easier and less prone to packing errors.

On the plus side, the money I didn't spend on this KS can go towards Bones 4! ^_^

Huzzah!

• Like 6

I am able to resist the add ona this time but I feel the same about the main project That I do about bones and other KS I support, I want to increase the line and I specifically want the art.  I certainly have 20 minis to paint so I don't need them but like most KS, itS nice to give my favorite businesses S leg up.  I also really do enjoy the designs here, there's a lot of non-stereotype work

• Like 4

I understand why they did it that way, too. It's a super quick kickstarter with minis coming really soon, opposed to a lot of KS projects, where there are months or years to turn the concept art you see when pledging is turned into complete miniatures. 

And super good "Dollars-per-mini" deals usually make sense for the seller bc we pledge for more than we would have bought in retail. 

• Like 6