Sign in to follow this  
trappleton

Frogmen! Squog Shaman [77269] and Warriors [77268]

These guys look awesome! I love the choice of colors. You have the basics down, which is a good solid base coat. My only criticism is the shading is relatively flat, you might want to exercise some of those washing and layering techniques you learned in the LTPK. Welcome to the forum!

I had a similar route into miniature painting. It was something I REALLY wanted to try as a kid when I saw minis in my favorite gaming store. I at least got as far as talking my dad into getting me some minis. I tried it out, but I was not very good at it, and enamel paints are the worst. But grabbing a LTPK as an adult was a great decision. I hope you have as much fun with it as I've had.

• Like 5

Pragma, you didn't enjoy the fumes of the thinner/cleaner? Heh. I enjoyed the enamels but have zero interest in going back. 30mins of shaking per bottle per day? NOOOOOPE. 

Trappleton, I love your frog guys. They're clean and have a ton of character. Yes, highlighting and shading would help, but as is, they are nothing to be ashamed of. Seriously, I think they're fantastic. I am also partial to frogs. 

Welcome to the forums, and happy painting! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Pragma, you didn't enjoy the fumes of the thinner/cleaner? Heh. I enjoyed the enamels but have zero interest in going back. 30mins of shaking per bottle per day? NOOOOOPE.

Thinner? What is this magical sorcery you call thinning paints? That stuff is just for cleaning the brushes. And I'm feeling a little woozy just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Aren't they great?  Welcome to the hobby.  You did a nice, bright, clean job evoking tropical tree frogs.

I love those teeth even if anatomically they don't quite make sense.

Here are a few other people's takes on them:

• Like 2

Yes, these are so much fun to paint! I have painted 2 sets already and have another in my stash yet to be painted.Love your vibrant colors!

Thanks, everyone! It's great to see those other takes on them, too.

I know what you mean about shading and highlights, too. I think the LTPK gave me a good handle on how to shade and highlight cloth, but I can use some practice on smoother gradients, like skin.

• Like 3

They look pretty good!!!

Welcome to the Forum, and have fun!!!

If you like Amphibians, Reptiles and Dinosaurs, look at my Lost World Project.

Maybe you'll get some inspiration to paint more!!!!

Looking forward to see more of your work.

I recommend browsing the forum, make a WIP so people will give advice and help when needed.

Look at Youtube videos ( search for painting fantasy miniatures)

If someone on the Forum posts in purple, it is meant as a joke.

Keep painting!

• Like 1

Welcome on board! Great colours and very neat paint job.. 

And as already mentioned its time for you to journey into the amazing world of washes (or shades if you are using Citadel paints).

Keep at it and enjoy! (.. and come here to show off)

Edited by VolksFest