So every so often I think about wanting to create a blog, but never get around to it mostly because don't know what to choose.  Do the fine folk out there that have blogs utilize free blogs, do they pay for them, or what goes on in the world of blogdom out there?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 72moonglum said:

So every so often I think about wanting to create a blog, but never get around to it mostly because don't know what to choose.  Do the fine folk out there that have blogs utilize free blogs, do they pay for them, or what goes on in the world of blogdom out there?

I have had the same feeling as well.  I have a bookFace page, but it doesn't quite feel like one.

1 hour ago, David Brawley said:

I use blogger, and have been for YEARS. Works fine for what I use it for. 

Thanks Google!

I'll have to check that out as well.  Thanks

• Like 2

I don't have any ads on my free blog. I wouldn't pay for it until you've establishes that it's something you're really going to keep up long term. I've been keeping mine since... September 2009 with over 200 posts per year average, and I don't see any added value in paying. 

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Thrym
      During that spurt of effort from roughly November through February it became frustrating for me to work with my blog.  Part of it was the software behind Blogspot.  Part of it was the software I installed onto sidebars and such.

So, quite some time ago, I purchased the domain name for my blog and started migrating my blog to a WordPress blog hosted by my business.  It's what I do for a living and the reason I am currently not working my elf off on miniature related projects as we've hit our busy season and we're understaffed and in the process of moving our offices and as they say the buck stops here.

BUT, what I can sneak in was work on a website.  So, I present the redesigned version of my blog at it's new home, https://thrymstable.com.

Unlike a miniature, technically a website is a never ending work in progress.  I do have some other features I plan to institute in the future but the important part is that everything that was on the old blog at BlogSpot is now on the new site.  It is relatively streamlined and fast.   I would have had it live sooner if not for some odd glitch in the way BlogSpot handles photos that occurred about 3 months ago.  So I had to spend some time manually rebuilding some posts with photos, etc.  But no website migration ever goes smoothly in this business.

I hope you like the new look.

I know I already announced this change over in the Off-topic post I necro'd but I felt the effort warranted a Show-Off Post.

That necro'd post was the one about my effort to catalog the personal Websites and Blogs of Reaper Forumites.  Please head on over to add yours to the mix or check out the musings off our community.

Enjoy!
    • By Chris Palmer
      Just wanted to share my happiness, as today my blog, "All Bones About It" had its 100,000 view!

This June will mark the 3-year anniversary of my blog; started after receiving my Bones I Kickstarter from Reaper.   I had hoped the blog would help keep me on task in my goal of painting all 266 figures I had received; because I knew if I didn't set a goal, that most of the figures would probably still be languishing in the box they shipped in.   I'm proud of the fact that I have been able to stick with it these three years, and am happy so many folks have supported me along the way.

Next Monday, I will be posting my 216th figure, which will put me just 50 figures away from reaching my goal.  Many thanks to those who have supported my efforts along the way, and be sure to tune in for the last stretch; it's all downhill from here!

You can check it out here: http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/

• By DethStruck
      I just started my miniatures painting blog a few days. There still isn't a ton of content but I did post about my first miniature painting contest.

If anyone feels so inclined drop by and give it a read: http://dethstruck.com

Or if anyone wants to follow my page on Facebook: http://facebook/dethstruckminiatures

• By Thrym
      I started collecting the blogs for the various members on here that have them.

The Painting Related ones are all linked through my Springpad Notepad: "Reaper Member Blogs".

Of course this is a constant work in progress so if you want your blog added to the list, post me the link.

I pull RSS feeds for them and read new posts on Feedly.com or more frequently on their app on my phone. Waiting on similar functionality on Springpad.

Mine is on Google+ as a page called Markshire Minis and usually submit recent posts to the Miniatures Painting Community. I am considering converting to a true WordPress blog and pushing for more active posting because let's face it, we all need motivation to get painting done.

So, if you would like inclusion in my Notepad of Reaper Member Blogs, post a reply. Those of you that use Springpad can simply spring the list to your own notebooks.

Enjoy.

Sample of what's there:

• By Reaperbryan
      I have been a Doctor Who fan for a while, starting as a kid with Tom Baker on PBS, and I recently began watching more of the Classic Who than I had ever seen - until about two months ago, in fact, I had never seen a single Hartnell or Torughton era show. But now that I'm going back and watching everything - and I do mean everything - I thought I'd make myself useful and make sure the whole world knew my thoughts on each Serial I watched.

I've been going for 10 Episodes now, Beginning at Serial ONE (Back in the Hartnell Era), and I'm having a good time with it.

If you care to follow along, I hope to post a Serial a day for a while, and then slow to 2-3 Serials a week during busy times.

anyway, without further ado - My Blog - the Weak Unclear Force!

Bonus points* to people who tell me they appreciate the title.

*Points void where prohibited.
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 5 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)