WIP: Adventuring party

Pragma

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/2/2017 at 4:27 PM, Slush said:

I love it, the description and pictures of the base making has me excited to see how it looks finished with mini.  The whole process looked interesting. 

Thanks! I got two of the party up to a point where I can attach them to the base, so you can see how it looks. I'll probably touch those two up a bit more. The others still need quite a bit more work.

acon3.jpg.46ff4acd16a1a33ae2118c4efacefd40.jpgani3.jpg.ff1879ed7b6ddfc7342080c038a9c898.jpgcathal3.jpg.44f202f2b84f6385721331052aae5b8d.jpgdirk3.jpg.888a6701678c5d9ef4f0873a1c915ea2.jpgvarian3.jpg.8242effb6e179689e2e9c555881336ff.jpg

I am still trying to figure out how I can make the base a little more interesting color-wise. Any ideas?

• Like 14

You could add some debris to the bases - dirt, leaves, etc. You could put bones or critters on them. Or check out any of Knarthex's terrain WIPs where he smudges on colored inks to give a little pizazz to the stone.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pochi said:

You could add some debris to the bases - dirt, leaves, etc. You could put bones or critters on them. Or check out any of Knarthex's terrain WIPs where he smudges on colored inks to give a little pizazz to the stone.

33 minutes ago, hosercanadian said:

If you feel like challenging yourself maybe OSL on the bases...but that only works well on the wizard.

These are all great ideas. I am now wondering if I should add things to the bases as we go along, sort of as reminders of our different adventures. Colors are a good idea, but I've never been able to get them quite right. I did a little bit of OSL on the wizard's base already. I'll take some pics shortly.

• Like 1

Haha "shortly". Well, time is relative I guess. Anyway, I finished 5 of the party members in time for our first major session, so that was fun! The players all loved them. Our 6th player hasn't joined yet so I still have some time on him. I didn't get around to touching up the bases yet, but I added finishing touches to the party. I also fixed my white balance, so the pics look much better.

On A'con the only change I made was adding highlights to the hair. 

acon4.jpg.b702374779611bab4b57ec508d539f51.jpg

On her sister Ani I also finished up the hair. She is also supposed to have reddish-brown hair like her sister, but darker. I also gave her a gold flute. I am still loving the tiny abs.

ani4.jpg.c7737b5c03e03fcfc17d571a692e1251.jpg

For Cathal I mostly fixed up the places where the paint rubbed off. But I also touched up his beard, so now he's more of a light brown blondish color.

cathal4.jpg.61c684a217cc1f365f4694d408d6b488.jpg

Dirk got a lot of work done, including his gold armor and flowing flaxen locks. So pretty!

dirk4.jpg.2fd15ff42d6bbab7bbec188edd88a228.jpg

And finally Varian had the most work done. First was all the highlights on his clothes. I added the stripes to the scarf (house Ravenclaw!) And finally sculpted a little swirly thing out of greenstuff to make him float a little higher above the base. I also added just a little OSL glow to the base.

varian4.jpg.422b757280e3c172775f13fa85b7719b.jpg

Next up is Rovert, who got a little bit of a greenstuff makeover. I also decided who will go on the 7th base. Stay tuned!

• Like 10

Thanks!

Here is Rovert the doubling, freshly recovered from his otoplasty and ready for some paint. The more I look at this guy, the more I see a halfling blown up to human size. It's clearly what he was meant to be.

rovert1.jpg.e1302cb2203e70afb0c4af05afc99b74.jpg 

Edited by Pragma
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Tjrez said:

Great idea on the bases, sounds like a fun campaign.

Very happy with the bases, I still have to go over them a bit and add some kind of weathering. It's only been 2.5 sessions, but it's been a lot of fun so far. Our DM is great at coming up with interesting character concepts.

57 minutes ago, Pochi said:

They look really great! The dwarf is my favorite.

Thanks! It's funny you say that, because he was the least planned of the group by far. My entire notes on him consist of the words "dwarf cleric". Perhaps the moral of the story is to plan less and improvise more!

• Like 2

And here is Rovert! He joined the party at the end of our last session after we rescued him from a group of giant swamp-dwelling human-eating frogs. I finished him off in one sitting, but it took me a while to post pics.

rovert2.jpg.cc9271e3c1c38259f25862f6ba1856ef.jpg

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Tjrez said:

great job on the face on Rovert, I like the worn leather also

Thanks! I think it's just my usual ruddy leather, highlighted with oiled leather. Probably shaded with either walnut brown or blackened brown, I don't remember.