Sign in to follow this  
Dilvish the Deliverer

Getting to Know Each Other - May

8 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 16th of May: What is one type of food that you wish was more available in your local area?

Recreational Cannabis edibles.  Because freedom. :bday:

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Döner. I got suckered into this in Munich, and /you cannot get it here/. Cannot!

Every so often, I /really really want one/, and you can't get them.

*grump*

The interwebs claims this as a Turkish speciality, unless it is Turkish cuisine as  reinvented in Germany.

Turkish restaurant for the win?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 16th of May: What is one type of food that you wish was more available in your local area?

Not really a type but a generality.  A proper bakery/deli.  There is ONE that I really like and it's about a 45 minute drive from my home.  Flyover country problems.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Charlottesville has a bunch of great restaurants, but you do have to drive about an hour away for good German food.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Depends on what you mean by local area.

If you mean within my city then I really can't think of anything.  I live in HK and, as far as I can tell, we seem to have every type of cuisine imaginable.

If you mean within walking distance of my home, then pretty much anything would be appreciated.  I live halfway up a mountain so in order to find a shop of any kind, I have to first go down the mountain.  Actually - scratch that.  I don't want any restaurants near me as I like having the peace and quiet of living halfway up a mountain in the middle of nowhere. :blues:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, knarthex said:

Argentine BBQ

The all you can eat type 

Lords of Lead, the meat....

if you feel like crossing the river, there is one in hackensack.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Jokemeister said:

Depends on what you mean by local area.

If you mean within my city then I really can't think of anything.  I live in HK and, as far as I can tell, we seem to have every type of cuisine imaginable.

If you mean within walking distance of my home, then pretty much anything would be appreciated.  I live halfway up a mountain so in order to find a shop of any kind, I have to first go down the mountain.  Actually - scratch that.  I don't want any restaurants near me as I like having the peace and quiet of living halfway up a mountain in the middle of nowhere. :blues:

I have heard people in Hong Kong lamenting the lack of a good Persian restaurant.  Or, well, any.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TGP said:

The interwebs claims this as a Turkish speciality, unless it is Turkish cuisine as  reinvented in Germany.

Turkish restaurant for the win?

It is, yes. But you can get it all over everywhere in Munich. Here?

... I'm lucky if I can find a good place for gyros, let alone good Döner. Don't start me on indian food - I do love me some lamb Balti. But we managed to move out of reach of the really good indian restaurant. I has a sad....

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Non-Asian, non-fast food joints. We have all the junk food you could want, every kind of Asian food importable, and we also have a couple really good Mexican joints. But we're lacking in African, near-east, and European cuisine. We have one good German joint, but it has very limited hours.

It would be nice to try some of the weird food y'all from Europe talk about, and I've never, to my knowledge, had any of the various, interesting sounding African foods.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, hdclearman said:

Is Argentine BBQ the kind of place where they give you the Red/Green card and just keep bringing meat as long as the green side is up?

Yep, that's what I mean...

• Like 5

On 5/17/2017 at 3:49 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 17th of May:  What is one (or more) event/convention that haven't been to yet, but always wanted to go to?

Wacken open air: 3 days of nothing but heavy metal bands playing live! Approximately 130 different bands!

th.jpg.182bed05dc27f92c8b8fbdf34b96ef34.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's nothing to buy here:

http://www.wacken.com/en/

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Question the 17th of May:  What is one (or more) event/convention that haven't been to yet, but always wanted to go to?

GenCon and San Diego Comiccon.  

• Like 5