.."whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouse, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos gets such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then I account it high time"...to make some more Mushrooms....Ismail & I approach the problem differently

A few days ago, the symptoms began to appear. Now I that the end in is in sight, I'll post what I have been up to.

These Fellow already had their blanks made. SO it was just a matter of adding beads & green stuffing :

DSCN4426.thumb.JPG.f7ed450cf0308e3a468e96272087d33f.JPG

DSCN4427.thumb.JPG.7efd12fe7694a7d3ebd16867761b2edf.JPG

...that wasn't enough to snap the black mood; three larger ones were needed. First the Blanks:

DSCN4425.thumb.JPG.852dfffbac81786b584d38ccbab46ced.JPG

...then the eyes (beads), & arms...somewhat more eye & arms then usual:

DSCN4436.thumb.JPG.abcb70f0d38782e5c7afe1c465bdbb3a.JPG

DSCN4437.thumb.JPG.c4cbfeb79c0ec9698354062ce1ae60b1.JPG

DSCN4434.thumb.JPG.aeba40c3e1feb7d7e8e6ec2562c9003f.JPG

DSCN4433.thumb.JPG.291ad7742e7fad38a2f7df31715aaaae.JPG

...the marvels of Mushroom dentistry:

DSCN4439.thumb.JPG.6f23fecade3192d7423ed7d43dd02204.JPG

DSCN4438.thumb.JPG.c864edbaa6c3bafcd2d1cf2c21791e4f.JPG

DSCN4440.thumb.JPG.0bd5fec226946c6362bcc8bb99167698.JPG

...Stage I Green Stuffing:

DSCN4441.thumb.JPG.c65df90633035aea6ae566f78a668308.JPG

DSCN4443.thumb.JPG.c3c4eb169cc85536902ef26f84e7302e.JPG

...with Leo "Legs-don't-fail-me-now" Sizechek for a size check:

DSCN4444.thumb.JPG.2451ca989fb548b451ff39f270a6a632.JPG

DSCN4445.thumb.JPG.cad2afd3a70f3e23f5755196dc5a6541.JPG

...AND Stage II Green Stuffing, capping of the sculpts:

DSCN4446.thumb.JPG.2a1235ba8c1d0fcb46fbbf534bcb090a.JPG

DSCN4447.thumb.JPG.90a661cf05222c8a135347a97470e0e6.JPG

DSCN4448.thumb.JPG.d05e4cecbd441db604c3b37e1b2f697b.JPG.

...once I figure how they will be used, they will be painted...stay tuned.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 17

34 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Your Fungi are awesome as always!

The eyes on the cap are a great twist!

Thanks for the kind reply, X. I am glad you like them.

The eyes are raising the creepy bar.

• Like 3

Wow, these are amazing. Just last night I had an extra blob of green stuff left over and was wondering what to do with it. Now I know! Those sticks look really handy  for building on - what are they? They seem bigger than toothpicks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pragma said:

Wow, these are amazing. Just last night I had an extra blob of green stuff left over and was wondering what to do with it. Now I know! Those sticks look really handy  for building on - what are they? They seem bigger than toothpicks.

Thanks for the kind reply, Pragma. I am delighted you like the stuff.

The smaller Mushrooms & the teeth are cocktail toothpicks. The larger Fellows are mounted on bamboo skewers; the kind used for shish kebabs. The skewers they use for pinwheel steaks are great for really large Mushrooms.

Left over green stuff & plumber's epoxy putty is how I started on the mushrooms & other stuff. Not being wasteful is creative in & of itself.

• Like 3

Cool, thanks. I will probably start off with toothpicks and see how it goes. My wife really hates mushrooms, so these will make great antagonists!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Pragma said:

Cool, thanks. I will probably start off with toothpicks and see how it goes. My wife really hates mushrooms, so these will make great antagonists!

Have fun with it. If you have any questions, ask away.

...still lacking anything resembling ambition, I did a couple more Mushroom...I have a lot to do to make up for some I've recently given to friends on other fora.

These two are rather less involved. They are seen here with the others & Leo for a size check:

DSCN4455.thumb.JPG.d05e6f3f9c4c7d24276fa05c0e947548.JPG

...a closeup of the fellow on the left:

DSCN4456.thumb.JPG.c58c60c2efd9f01b22beb35794a50e38.JPG

AND the right. This Guy may wind up with a Siren Miniature Dwarf in a Tiki type mask:

DSCN4457.thumb.JPG.871a2364b883608849a41c1149fdc8d9.JPG

...when I have extra green stuff from making faces, I use it for mushrooms. When I have leftovers from making Mushrooms, I do faces:

DSCN4459.thumb.JPG.5a9f5db5e9625b61140e566a6cd28f0e.JPG

...waste not & stuff like that.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Awesome!

Thanks, X. A good morale boost is always appreciated.

The self satisfied one on the right is now part of a Siren Miniatures Masked Dwarf's base:

DSCN4460.thumb.JPG.eea6bb74179ba5161634c892a298e86d.JPG

• Like 7

I look forward to see that painted!!!

Al, I found these mushrooms today.

Thought you might like that.

Spoiler

Zwammen.thumb.jpg.ae08bc507743ff39efce2ad6b3926067.jpg

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.