Sign in to follow this  
Arc 724

Hot Glue Gun Recommendations

I'm thinking of purchasing a Hot Glue Gun and wanted to know if anyone had recommendations and why you like a particular one. 

Thank you!

~Devin

I like that mine has a little kickstand so that when it's hot I can put it down safely.  Mine is a super-basic cheap model, though.  I don't do a ton of hot gluing. 

• Like 2

I used 'em a lot in art school twenty years ago*.  I imagine (I hope) the tech has improved.

I second LittleBluberry's recommendation of a kickstand.  Those things get hot.

I also liked the ones that had trigger feeds, rather than you having to push the glue stick yourself with your thumb.

*Kinda wish I'd kept the giant raven I made out of paper clips.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I like that mine has a little kickstand so that when it's hot I can put it down safely.  Mine is a super-basic cheap model, though.  I don't do a ton of hot gluing. 

Same.

What do you plan on doing with it?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Same.

What do you plan on doing with it?

Wargaming group is getting back into the swing of things and terrain parties are soon to ensue. I've seen a very videos of people using them for building some terrain pieces. So I'm doing my research now. ::): 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arc 724 said:

Wargaming group is getting back into the swing of things and terrain parties are soon to ensue. I've seen a very videos of people using them for building some terrain pieces. So I'm doing my research now. ::): 

Then I wouldn't go looking to spend a fortune. Something smallish, with a trigger, and a kickstand. Probably doable for $10-15.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Then I wouldn't go looking to spend a fortune. Something smallish, with a trigger, and a kickstand. Probably doable for $10-15.

I think you're right cause I was about to spend about 20+ dollars on a "professional Grade". I think I should not. LOL.

Thanks everyone one. Good stuff to think about it. I might have a Hobby Lobby gift hard at home... Hmmmm ::):

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, knarthex said:

Don't forget coupons! !!

Ohhhh I think I have some at home that expire on the 7th. THANKS FOR THE REMINDER!

• Like 1

Looking at HL's site they have a dual temp with a removable stand for 10 bucks.

Cordless hybrid for 12.99

There is a whole page full of them. Are you part of DM Scotty's page on Facebook? I'm sure they'd give you recommendation.