Sign in to follow this  
WhatsEcstacy

77148: Mangu Timur

Excellent work! You got the placement of highlights and shadows done nicely. You even got it on the shield, which doesn't have the same intense contours of the cloth. Quite lovely! 

• Like 1

Really cool. Especially the blue tones on the shield is nice.

One thingbyou could do is highlight all the edges and sharp coners/points of the metallic, to give it a bit more shine/pop. .. just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

I really like how the blues turned out and the blending on the shield is very nice. I do think the use of edge highlighting would possibly benefit this mini even more.

The metalwork is GORGEOUS...considering how much of the miniature is metal, that covers the whole piece as well. Your brushwork & palette are SPLENDIDVERY NICELY DONE!

• Like 1

Man all of you miniatures turned out really nice!  The metal work on this one is outstanding!

Either you follow instructions very well or you just have a knack for this hobby... or I guess it could be both.

Keep up the great work and keep uploading pictures.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments everyone! I just put in my order for the LTPK: Layer Up Kit!

6 hours ago, LarsM said:

Really cool. Especially the blue tones on the shield is nice.

One thingbyou could do is highlight all the edges and sharp coners/points of the metallic, to give it a bit more shine/pop. .. just my humble opinion.

I actually did go over the metal bits with a polished silver paint, might be hard to see because of the lighting, it is pretty subtle regardless. I might have to do some really careful highlights with white to really make that armor shine!

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

The metalwork is GORGEOUS...considering how much of the miniature is metal, that covers the whole piece as well. Your brushwork & palette are SPLENDIDVERY NICELY DONE!

Thanks so much! Yeah all that silver paint really did a number on my brushes... I actually had to use more paint than normal, because the metallics seem to dry out on the pallet faster than the other paints. I might need to figure out this whole wet pallet thing!

• Like 1

Excellent work on him!!

The only thing I'd suggest is do a little work on his base; a little dirt and/or grass would bring the figure to life.