So I have a ranger beast master character who has a goat companion. I hated the fact that Hildir and her goat come on one base.

tmp_32759-IMAG2276_1-1871599027.thumb.jpg.9aa99b357ea1929f19e2265e1e600269.jpg

So I separated them.

tmp_32759-IMAG2277_1293999663.thumb.jpg.b3ec317cc8ce3a0e41d86ac23e8ecc7d.jpg

Next will be some combination of the 2 bones figures. Ideally I will take the grandmother's upper body and attach it to the legs of rioter, but her waist is much narrower. If that looks weird, I'll just do a head transplant!

tmp_32759-IMAG2278_11986842547.thumb.jpg.424032a0f3075c5cc74e2156b82ffa9f.jpg

Then arms hollowed out for a toothpick staff.

• Like 11
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I'm now leaning towards a head transplant, and re-positioning the rioter's arms (well the torch arm, and the fork wrist) so that it looks like the toothpick staff is being held at an angle. SO here's the big question. Should I be trimming the old bicep and sculpting new? because I'm not sure where the chop is going to be.

I'm thinking about turning the cap into hair and a wreath... using one of those twist ties.

Goat is primed black, and the stone grey. I have also done a first coat in a kind of very dark grey, close to Payne's Grey (nightmare black and dusky skin shadow), I imagine.

Based on my model, the sides and more highlighted parts are somewhat brownish, so I'll be drybrushing in the dusky shadow and skin, then washing with a black tint mixed with medium (to cut the shine). The horns and hooves will be a bit lighter dusky skin and highlight, and then washed with the same tint, but without the medium. Any extra shadows will be pure black.

Edited by lexomatic

It's a temp job, where I'm underpaid by 8$+ per hour and I hate it (the job is publicly posted). So, no congrats yet. On the other hand, if I can get used to the schedule I will paint more for stress reduction purposes. Silver linings.

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

It's a temp job, where I'm underpaid by 8$+ per hour and I hate it (the job is publicly posted). So, no congrats yet. On the other hand, if I can get used to the schedule I will paint more for stress reduction purposes. Silver linings.

In that case, I wish you strength!!!

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RogaDanar
      This week has been a week of experimentation. I tried my first NMM this week and my first attempt at actually shading hair rather than just dry brushing it like I have forever.
      I still have free time, so I have been able to keep the production level up. My players will be starting a new adventure soon, and I need a whole new set of monsters. Oh gee, how sad, I have a 
      bunch of new minis that I "have to paint" (He says to his wife). 

Centaur
      The week did not start out well. I was cleaning up the mold lines on this bones centaur (which are not conveniently placed) and I almost cut off his nose. This is not a figure that I was particularly excited about so I just slapped together  a paint job and moved on. No fixing that nose. Tried to make the base pretty though.

Brigands
      Just like last week, I painted the bones brigands (one more set to go). These were intended more as practice faces and a little NMM on the guy on the left and the ax. I think it didn't come out too bad. and the faces are characterful. These guys will be the random ruffians/bandits that get thrown on the table now and then. 

Aeowyn Silverwood
      I had a little success with the face on this one. I also tried to do some shading on the hair. Only after I started did I read that black hair is actually a little tricky to highlight. This was a start. 
      I planned on NMM here but chickened out and moved on. 

Nalani, Dancing girl
      Working on skin tones and hair highlights on this one too. The metallics here are so small that I didn't even try NMM. I feel like the highlighting on the hair and the dress came out well.

Nemesra, Dancing girl
      This one was an attempt at translucent clothing on the legs.

Townsfolk V Grandmother
      The face came out as surprise, but that works for me.

Nolzurs Griffin
      Just a fun figure to paint.

Humblewood owl
      Here is the owl knight from Hit Point Press's Humblewood setting. This one is the best of this week I think and he's also adorable. Big shout out to Wickedshifty who I copied for this mini. They did the NMM that I wanted to try and did it so well that I had to copy it just for practice. The front came out good, but the helmet on the back is not quite right. This has given me some confidence for more experimentation. I will probably look around for a mini that is really shiny to try it out on.

I doubt that I can keep this level of production up as I am trying to push my level of painting up a bit. But I am making a big dent in my pile of mini's. Let's see what happens next week.

• By Evilhalfling
      So when I unpacked this Big Boi in 2017  I thought he would look really cool without wings.  but I'm it will be a lot of careful work to carve off the joins and resculpt him,  I just don't think I'm ready.  In February I did the scales for my verocthulu conversion, and thought "I could have done that better."
      So this is better.  

This Dragon will be the colors or earth.   Burnt Umber base, and a hide scattered with Burnt Sienna, Tusk Ivory, and Leather Brown with ochre and NNM gold colors on the belly. 
      perhaps some cool gray or blue washes in the shadows.   The scales will be individually shaded, and the hide below staying the color of brown liner, or umber in the well lit areas. 

So far its been about 4 hrs of work in sculpting, cleaning, gluing and mold line removal.
      it took 45 min just to cover him in brown liner.  He is a really big dragon, and I have no idea how long this is going to take. 

but im getting a little obesessed - I don't want to schedule a meeting or go grocery shopping, I want to add more paint... 
      this feels like how I ended up with a dragon named Insomnia - who was painted almost entirely between 10pm and 7 am.   I kept waking up with new color ideas. 
      Or the DDS2 dragon who I spent 2-4 hours a day painting for a solid week, and another hour a night for the week after.  

The last picture is my inspiration for the scale colors - the eyes will be much simpler than this. 

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I will share here my progression on a project I wish to do for a long time. I already know all the parts I'll be using for this diorama. Starting with the carefree 03082 Ingrid sculpted by Derek Schubert (I'm converting her as a svirfneblin prospector), accompanied by her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by a 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. I will also add a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging somewhere on the rock wall. I already worked on Ingrid. I removed the base and give her a pickaxe. I made her tool with a paperclip and a piece of scrap metal. This all-project idea started with the gemstone she’s holding in her left hand.

• By Rigel
      Agriculture is the foundation of settled civilization, and as such a setting needs farmers, gardeners, people who know how to whack at the ground with sticks until food comes out. 

Here are some peasants--a Village Rioter (77140), making hay after the sun has finished shining, and his colleague, one of the Townsfolk I (77665) with hoe. It's heavy work, harvesting the bigger gourds, and they prefer the cool of the day for it. 

When the cart is fully laden, it can be harnessed to a hungry sow. The Pig and Cart sculpt is amazing and I love it. Look at those beady eyes! The jowls and wattles! Added a couple of extra prize vegetables from the craft store to top off the load, and removed the pig from its mud base, as it is quite capable of standing on its own and the cart wheels have no such base. 

• By Rigel
      "VVhen I grew in the VV O O D / I vvas vvater'd with B L O O D."

Such would be the witness of this ancient tree, could it speak. It has been the site of rural justice and rural "justice" for generations. Tales of such are told to the youth by grey-haired elders, tales they learned as children from their own aged grandsires and grandmothers.

A tree like that...well, after a while it develops a taste for it. Don't burn the fallen branches, don't take an axe to it, and have a care how you use the lumber when it finally falls.

As happens from time to time in small communities of "good, law-abiding people," an angry mob has formed.

These citizens are Concerned about their community. Many of the worst atrocities in history have gotten started when someone brings Concerned Citizens together. 

The mob makes way for the accused. 
      Duly constituted authority is present, to ensure this is "properly done." 
      //

"Order! Order! Hear ye, that VVarden Knochengard and I, Sheriff of thif countee, are affembled in the prefence of divers VVitneffes, to try Goodman Ezra Jacobs againft allegations brought againft him, the same beeing VVITCHCRAFT, CIVIL DISORDER, and POISONING of LIVESTOCK, and to pronounce sentenfe thereupon, to be carried out forthwith."

"Let hif accusers speak and make their case againft him!"
      (here follow reports from Farmers Wentworth and Hogbein of livestock falling sick, crops failing, etc., the same saying they saw Ezra walking to and fro with a book some days before, shaking his head back and forth while muttering and laughing; Deacon Abraham dilates on the fact that the accused pleads no contest to finding a book hidden in a secret place, the same book being one of DARK MAGICKS and BLASPHEMOUS RITES)

"Hath the Accufed, Ezra, anything to say on his own behalf, or be there any member of the Communitee willing to fpeak in his defense?"
      (here Goodman Carter, his sometime employer, appears as a character witness to the effect that Ezra is a kindly soul and a good farmhand, also that it has been a wet year and Farmer Wentworth built his privy uphill from his well; Brother Hammond notes that the accused is almost a simpleton and never learned his letters nor the use of them for reading and writing; Mother Hildegard attests that the book found in Ezra's possession is illustrated with disturbing woodcuts that could upset an unstable soul.)

"Having weighed the Evidence thus provided, it is the Judgment of this Affembly that the Accused, Goodman JACOBS, is GUILTY of dabbling in DIVELLISH ARTS, yet the Severitee of the offense be Lessened by his Lack of Wit, and we find no evidence of Malice directed againft his Neighbor; nonetheleff, harm being done, he muft suffer punishment, and learn better thereby. He shall HANG FROM THE TREE for a period of two days, to be cut down thereafter; let no man provide Succour or Comfort in the meantime, neither let any man harm him further for the Duration."

The record does not state what exactly became of the book the unfortunate Goodman Jacobs happened upon, or whose possession it was remanded to. 

It does, however, record a very similar trial less than a year later. The tree does not like to be kept waiting.

(Guest appearances from the Dwarf Butcher 77460, Calbach Greatclub 03231, Village Rioter 77140, a Peasant 77655, the Gravedigger, Abram Duskwalker, Brother Hammond, Sheriff Drumfasser, and Jakob Knochengard, among others.)
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)