Very cool!  We have students that have been going to the Netherlands for several years now, doing fire research along the coastal dunes.  As a result, I get to go through their photos and pick what we will use for various publications or videos.  Pretty neat stuff there, but I have a hard time knowing where they are when they took the photos.  Someday, I need to visit... someday when I am suddenly wealthy...

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

My girl and me like to hike, stroll, walk...

We often follow trails that lead through rural areas, nature, forest or historical sites.

I would like to share a few pics, so I can show you what the Netherlands look like aside from the big cities and harbour.

Yes...we do have tulips and windmills...but not everywhere.

I hope you guys and girls and creatures like it.

These were made today, due to Liberation Day I had the day off ( not everyone has a free day but the Military does).

An Anthill, A Windmill and Tulips, some nice mushrooms attached to a tree and a statue of BACON.

Mierenhoop.jpg

Molen en tulpen.jpg

Molen.jpg

Tulpen.jpg

Varken.jpg

Zwammen.jpg

Great Googli Moogli, is that chicken of the woods!?  I've never seen one that big!

• Like 6

Meeuw.jpg

Watermill.JPG

Zon over water.JPG

Some random pics from different trips.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 18

Lovely country. I have visited a few times. Except for the windmill and seagull, those photos could have been taken here.  

• Like 2

OMG that Highlander Bull is so cute! With his pink little nose just sticking out from his big bushy coat. Dangerous, but cute none the less.

I am glad I have had a chance to visit at least once. We would love to go back again, but we don't know when we will. My husband's mother's side is from North Holland, and he grew up in a Dutch community in Chicago. So I have a feeling we will be back again. :lol:

• Like 7

Great photos! I've been to the south part of The Netherlands a couple times to go biking and once to go sailing on one of the big lakes. We stopped in a village on the way back from sailing because we saw they were having a festival. It's such a beautiful part of the world. 

• Like 2

Cool photos.  Especially the mushrooms (what, fungus is awesome) and the ruins.  You don't have many ruins the US of my great age.  MakeS me want to go hiking with camera (shakes fist at crummy weather.  Make up your mind mother nature winter, spring, or summer, pick one and get on with it)

I've only been to Amsterdam and Rotterdam and mostly the insides of conference rooms or chemical plants.  I did get to do some touristy stuff in Amsterdam though...

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Have you ever thought to yourself, 
      "If only I could make this mini temporarily huge, I could really go to town on the details, blending, etc..."
      Because this line of thought is about to get me into trouble. I've seen quite a few examples of kickelf busts done here, and seeing the sunbleached and sorry state of some Garden Gnomes I found last year in a forgotten tote bin, ideas began to ferment. Also I've been playing more Mordheim than is probably healthy on the PS4 which led to dreams of Gnome Witch Hunters purging the lawn of weeds and heresy. Which then led to various other forms of madness that can be expressed in a lawn setting.... but for now let us begin with Gnomes and Mushrooms.

Partial basecoating done with some ancient craft paints, as I'm somewhat intimidated by the sheer amount of surface area I'm dealing with, and the fact that my skintone blending is not something I feel is paticularly strong as of now. The plan is to have his shirt come back up to white, and his overalls will also be black. The shoes as well, maybe. Beard and hair will likely be blonde. His walking stick might be converted to an axe once I find my hobby saw and get a pattern traced on some balsa wood. Overall, the vision is of Puritan/Amish village mob.

I've already coated the stems in beige spraypaint, and I'm thinking to paint the caps in an orange/red with white in the holes. I'm tempted to try sculpting some Malefaction faces on them, but seeing as how I've never sculpted anything before I figure it's best to get used to painting the absurdly large first. (As I type this I hear the voice of future me muttering something about how the sculpting is inevitable and something about moldmaking. He's suspiciously silent when I ask back concerning winning lotto numbers...)
    • By Chaoswolf
      These are a couple figures I picked up at the factory while at Reapercon this year. I painted them over the last week or so; lots of browns and greys. I couldn't manage to get a decent picture, but their eyes are glowing green, too. I hope you like them.

• By Glitterwolf
      As you know we went to Corfu ( Greek Island) for our vacation.
      Let me bore you people with a few pics.

First of all, the efforts of MEOW and R.I.B.B.I.T. agents to stealthily follow us were in vain.
      We saw you! @OneBootand @Froggy the Great

Greek Cities/ Architecture/Art and Historical sites, hope you enjoy it. The guy in the black hat you see from behind is the evil Glitterwolf himself!
      For security reasons only pics from the back.

If you ever been to Greece and heard that chirping noise all the time?
      Cicades,
      This is one of those critters,

Red Dragonfly

And of course the main event, THE thing why I go to Greece, Lamb Kebab..my girl had Seabass..
      Below that Mezes, a mix of several smaller treats..
      ***Drools**

• By Glitterwolf
      When In Germany we heard this sound in the forest, it was answered by others,
      Some kind of bird but we can't identify it.

Somebody knows what this is?

Spraak 005_sdvogel.m4a

EDIT: I tried to convert this to a MP3 but I can't.

This file can be opened by clicking on it and opening it with mediaplayer.

• By Pingo
      I had these in an RAFM blister and as I recall their bases said RAFM (I glued them to 1.5-inch fender washers for stability). I haven't been able to identify them.  They look like the sorts of giant wolves that are ridden by goblins.

I am not sure where they came from.  Well, apart from RAFM, obviously.

They are pretty big.  Here's a size comparison with the RAFM one on the far right:

Left to right these are: a wolf from Reaper 02830; a wolf from Reaper 77176; Reaper 03682 Willow Greenivy; a giant wolf from Thunderbolt Mountain 8560; and an RAFM mystery wolf.

I painted them as several different types of wolf, one with a snow base and two with grassy bases, for multiple uses. Their bases are 1.5".

Extensive WIP with lots of color mixing and technique notes here.
  • Who's Online   28 Members, 1 Anonymous, 120 Guests (See full list)