Nice the cows from Andy's farm trio?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

Ogopogo looks amazing!  I heard tales of him when I was a girl camping by the lake!  ^_^ 

Wow, how could I have forgot that name, ha ha.

I remember when I was little kid, my aunt took me up to Kamloops, BC to help move her daughter. Along the way there was a small theme park dedicated to Ogopogo. I'm gonna have to go see if that still exists.

• Like 1

Those cows look very natural!

The Ogopogo is amazing!

Great base too!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BLZeebub said:

Ogopogo is the serpent's name?  I love that sculpt!  Great job on the paint jobs too.

yes, the mini is from Paymaster games

25 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Squeeeeee!

we need LOTS more cows! =P 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

we need LOTS more cows! =P 

Cows have really weird anatomy, when you break it down.  That mini was quite the challenge to sculpt.  Ruminants and bovines especially are built like suspension bridges to hold the weight of the massive gut track.  That introduces differences that took some study to get it right.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TaleSpinner said:

Cows have really weird anatomy, when you break it down.  That mini was quite the challenge to sculpt.  Ruminants and bovines especially are built like suspension bridges to hold the weight of the massive gut track.  That introduces differences that took some study to get it right.

i plan to pick up more from the Boneyard (that's what i meant by we need more =P ) 

I want a whole Holstein dairy herd

I can believe they're hard to do, they're so WEIRD. And i know they're hard to draw, so i can't imagine trying to sculpt one

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 4

Add to that the short hair that hides nothing, and there was no room for the Furry Fudge Factor (FFF). :poke:

11 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

i plan to pick up more from the Boneyard (that's what i meant by we need more =P ) 

I want a whole Holstein dairy herd

I can believe they're hard to do, they're so WEIRD. And i know they're hard to draw, so i can't imagine trying to sculpt one

That one though should be pretty easy to mod (easier if it weren't metal).  Using a jeweler's saw, you can cut out a wedge in her neck to the shoulder and another at her throat to bend the head forward and the neck down so she is eating grass.  Then just bevel off the edges, fill with GS and smooth it.

You can also cut out the neck altogether and replace it with a wire embedded in head and body (make sure it is the same length as her current neck).  Then you can bend it so she is looking back, up, down, whatever, then re-sculpt the neck

The tail can also be bent into other poses pretty easily.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

oh that's a good idea, i'll have to try that wihen i get some more from the Boneyard

I also added another idea in there, after the fact.

I purposefully sculpted her in a neutral position so people could mod her easily.

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Recently I painted a Crypt Lord and in the Show Off there was an introduction.
      See and read it here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87523-asar-crypt-lord-by-glitterwolf/

@Gadgetman! commented that he wanted to see the goat.
      So here it is, it's from the Animal Companion Set sculpted by @TaleSpinner Reaper Sku 03719.
      I love your animal sculpts Andrew, they are a real pleasure to paint!

Omar's son, Mehmet herded the goats but his mind was elsewhere, one of the goats wandered off without him noticing it.
      Our adventurous animal took off and found herself walking between the ancient ruins of a long dead civilization.
      When it entered a dark building it got scared and it bleated loudly, the sound echoed through the empty halls.

Alarmed by the noise General Ahm Me Hula the Second rose from his Sarcophagus, ENEMIES!!! RAIDERS!!! He needed to protect the Pharaoh!
      He rose from his slumber and quickly grabbed his weapons.
      Time to once again defend the realm!

He alarmed his men and all over the place skeleton and mummy warriors rose from their eternal sleep.
      The Pharaoh himself needed to be warned!
      Giving the order to a Liche Priest he himself walked out to investigate how many raiders there were in the ruins.
      The first enemy he encountered was Omar who was looking for his goat.

And so it came to pass that our dear little goat was responsible for the awakening of the Tomb Lords.
      Their armies are now gathering and the living must once again fear their wrath!

WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/&page=5&tab=comments#comment-1854891

The name of our General is a variation on a expression from my Birthcity Rotterdam...

https://nl.bab.la/woordenboek/nederlands-engels/ammehoela
    • By pcktlnt
      Link

About this project
      I've been making miniatures for about three years now, during that time I've made sculpts for various miniature companies as a freelancer sculptor. Now I've decide do to take the plunge and produce some of my own miniatures. That aspiration led me to Kickstarter.

I've been busy sculpting the range of undead miniatures presented here over the last few months. They're predominantly 28mm sculpts, the Undead Heroes are larger at 32mm scale, to fit their powerful status. I consciously made them an eclectic bunch, including animals. My vision of the undead force is a terrifying mix of all forms of life, bent to the will of their masters. 

During the course of this campaign, I'll continue to sculpt miniatures to add to the range. I have a Facebook Group - March of the Dead, where I'm working on suggestions offered by the groups members. The more popular ones will be joining the miniatures here.

The objectives of this project are to firstly see the miniatures produced in white metal by Macrocosm Miniatures and in your possession In a timely manner. 

If things go really well, then hopefully I can also get a shiny website made, so I can continue producing miniatures and offer them online.

Anyway. I think that covers the background. Time to show you the miniatures on offer.....

To select multiple rewards, pick one of your choices, then amend the total to include the grand total. I'll then collect the details of your order with the Pledge Manager.

• By Jeepnewbie
      Finally finished Maeral. 

Also did up two forms for my Druid character. 

• By Sirithiliel
      Where is my cow?

is that my cow?

it goes 'moo'

i have found my cow

• By Glitterwolf
      I want to give my girlfriend's parents a little gift this X-mas ( well a bit before that).

So I decided to make a little vignette of the Nativity Set.

I found this nice dome for 5 euros..

I had to skip the idea of the three Kings.
      But my girl explained to me that they visited later, so it wouldn't be a problem to just use the Nativity set itself, a sheperd and a few animals.
      Else it would get too crowded on the little wooden plate.

The Donkey and Oxen are supposed to keep Baby Jesus warm with their breath. So that's why they stand so close.

The Cow will be mutilated converted into an Oxen.

Here is the set up.

I might have to move them a little more forward to close the gap.

**** But Herman December is a long time away! Why start now?****

*** Have you noticed how slow I paint?***

• Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 256 Guests (See full list)