Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Adding to my collection of farm figures, these halflings are pretty decent size.  Must be the country living.  Had fun muddying them up a little.  Probably could have gone further with that.  The male had what looks like a gouge on the face.  Not sure if I just didn't clean up the mold lines enough or somehow cut him during scraping and prep?  Didn't actually notice it until I did the eyes and started working on skin.  Could have played it up as a scar but didn't want to mess with it right now.  Maybe I'll pick it up again after the figure has seen some table action and then give him a battle scar.


Farmer 1 Front 



And back



farmer 2 frontimage.thumb.jpg.578d3384ce698eb8dd1010a95fa31fdc.jpg

And back








and back



...and defending their livestock from raiders



You get a sense of their relative size here - the chickens, piglet, and lamb are on small (20 mm) bases.


Thanks for looking!  


Oh, and here's the WIP thread:



Edited by InvisibleThumb
visible thumb removed, link added
  • Like 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By InvisibleThumb
      Haven’t posted anything in a while, so may as well break the silence with a WIP.  I cleaned up Mashaaf, glued it together and stuck it on a CD base.  Didn’t take pics until after the brown liner coat.


      Then base coated all but the base.  The claws and leg things and tail thing got maroon red.  The belly got nmm gold shadow.  The upper abdomen got a sample purple color and I extended that to the bottom of the tentacles.  The face and upper tentacles got entrail pink.  The back and body got nightsky blue and the rocks on its back got walnut brown.  Finally I used holly berry for the “eye spots”
      This is where it’s at right now:


      Probably will need another coat of each but I’ll try to get the base and rocks on the back dry brushed first since that may mess up some other areas.
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Better late than never.  I started these 3 months ago and finished them about 1 month ago.  Finally have a halfway decent photo area again, so I can post pictures!
      Over winter break, my elder digit and I spent an afternoon playing with some plastic tree armatures from the train store.  You have to glue your own flock on to make the leaves, etc.  I wanted to make a cluster so I carved some foam into the shape of a little hill and painted white.  The trees were not strong enough to punch through the foam though, so I ended up using the glue gun to get them to stay in.  More recently we tested out a mini string of led lights and tried trimming the tiny trees.  Did not work out great - I lost a lot of foliage in the process and the lights are spaced out too far for the scale - there’s wire all over the place.  Oh well, I had to use it after all that work, so it is the background for this jolly crowd.
      Without lights

      clise ups


      with lights



      “Mood” lighting

      Thanks for looking!

    • By InvisibleThumb
      I chose to paint Kyphryxes (still can't spell it).  Rolled the colors mint green, olive green, and fire red.  Replaced mint green with alien goo.  So this was painted only with the following five colors (and red and green liner):
      Alien Goo
      Olive Green
      Fire Red
      Solid Black
      Pure White
      and here are the results:



      WIP is here. Kinda petered out at the end.
      and yes, it is pretty bright in person.  Hope my next foray into random colors is a little less stimulating.  
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Stuck my thumb in the box of unpainted bones and pulled out a Kyphryxis.

      must unbag bag and dry fit, trim mold lines and scrub, but first, the random colors...

      15, ah what could that mean?  I'll look later.  Let's roll another.

      seven!  Good.  Nicely spaced numbers.  Will look it up in a minute.  For the third roll...  Well darn gotta wait for the full minute so the time shown is different...  Finally!

      oof!  One!  Critical miss.  Well, it's probably a boring color at the top of the table.  Let's see what this means:
      15: mint green
      7: olive green
      1: fire red 
      huh.  Whadaya know.  Time to go see what I've got for colors... (To be continued)
    • By InvisibleThumb
      Got my bones this afternoon, inventoried, ate lunch, and decided to paint for a couple hours.  These will all be used in an adventure his weekend.
      also only painted with bones 3 paints.  
      The shield may be used by the dwarf pc in which case I will glue it to the arm holding the spike.  Painted the spike and shield in mushroom themed colors since this character took as her skills craft (mushroom smith) and craft (alchemy with mushrooms).  
      Sorry for the poor photos.  Bones 3 have not yet gone downstairs where the photo station is.  


  • Who's Online   6 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

  • Create New...