• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By darkangelx387
      Here is another as I'm a huge lovecraft fan :) Please let me know how to do better!

• By darkangelx387
      Here is another I did, please let me know how I can improve! Thanks! I know the basics to put a base coat, wash and drybrush to highlight. Looking to expand my knowledge and techniques.

• By darkangelx387
      Hello I recently got into painting miniatures and I found I LOVE it! I play three different tabletop RPGs and I desperately needed mini's and that's how I got into it. It's my new favorite hobby and I wanted to join the community to get some feedback and help to make these better and to learn different methods and new techniques.

I'll be posting the very small handful I did on the forums (again super noobie, but please critique so I can learn!!!!). Thanks everyone!

• By WhatsEcstacy
      Hey everyone! Brand new to the hobby, been painting for a few weeks now and loving every minute of it (except for those stressful parts). I got the LTP Kit and think it was the perfect way to be introduced to mini painting. If there are any lurkers out there reading this and thinking about taking the plunge I highly recommend picking up the kit. Anyways, I still have a ways to go to match up with some of the amazing stuff I've been seeing here on the forums, but I'm really excited to keep painting and hone my skills. I took some photos of my first four minis and was really proud of them and wanted to show them off. I'm working towards painting my D&D party up. We play over video conference so they probably won't make any tables, but I thought it would be a fun thing to have on the desk. Hope you enjoy and as always C&C is very welcome.

First one was the Skeleton Archer from the LTP Kit. He came out of the kit doing a bit of a Neo lean... I tried he hot water trick but it didn't stick, so I propped him up with putty. Big time learning experience, but I think he turned out okay. I had the most trouble with the quiver, but it ended up being my favorite part in the end:

Next up was a Skeleton Warrior. The second time around I thought I got a smoother looking bone color. I had the idea to paint the blue stripe on the spear to tie him in with the archer. I think it worked:

The third I painted was a mummy (undead theme anyone?). He was pretty monotone, so I tried to mix it up a little with some dried blood and creepy glowing blue eyes:

Finally, I jumped to the LTP Kit and painted the Orc Marauder. I tried to ignore most of the color instructions and mix up my own colors to test myself a bit. I'm really proud of him! I'm beginning to realize that the details make the mini, so I added some small touches like rusted chainmail and fingernails. I was brave enough to paint the teeth, but chickened out a little on the eyes. I personally think the black eyes look better on this model anyways. I think if I googly-eyed him right at the end it would have crushed me:

Thanks again for checking out my post and for all the inspiration and tips I found reading the forums. I'm sure you will hear from me again soon. Like I said... a little bit obsessed:)

~WhatsEcstacy
    • By BleachedJam
      I've been painting for a little under a month now, and just wondering what you guys think I could do to improve!
      Sorry about picture quality, all I have is my phone at the moment.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 152 Guests (See full list)