Sign in to follow this  
darkangelx387

02868: Eldritch Demon (New to Painting)

Okay I officially hate you since you are painting this good as a new painter.

Seriously though, looks really good, the wings in particular look great!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Okay I officially hate you since you are painting this good as a new painter.

Haters gonna hate...

Great Work!

Purple text means joke!

Just to be sure you get that...before you run away...

It looks great, you're doing fine!

I would love to see a painted/flocked base to enhance the mini.

Keep posting your work!

• Like 3

Thanks everyone, I learned a lot from this one I really don't like how the blue swirls came out. I'm not sure how I could have done it better but it doesn't look as good as I was thinking it would lol

1 hour ago, darkangelx387 said:

Thanks everyone, I learned a lot from this one I really don't like how the blue swirls came out. I'm not sure how I could have done it better but it doesn't look as good as I was thinking it would lol

The blue swirls look alright to me. I would maybe try going over them again in a lighter blue (like almost white) with a very fine brush. That will make them stand out more from the skin.

• Like 1

The blue swirls look awesome to me. The figure turned out very well. 

Since you asked how to do better, I'll give the usual advice, and the advice which is still what pretty much all painters strive towards. I work on improving it on every figure.  

Here it is: more shading and highlighting. It will make each feature more distinct. The tentacles will get scarier, the arms seem more muscled, the wings more prominent.

Great start, and welcome to painting! Excellent choice of figures :) 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Citrine
      This statuesque demon prince has been on my to paint list for a while.  Had fun using non-black blacks on him, skin base is Coal Black (Reaper 9693), highlighted with Coal Black mixed with neutral greys and also Mint Green for the highest highlights.  The base cobblestones are Black indigo (Reaper 9603), with Lava Orange (Reaper 9218) as mortar. Also decided to try out the NMM Gold triad, so all the gold is NMM.

Reaper 3086 Nephal the Demon Prince in metal.

• By Citrine
      This is the Chasme from the AD&D Planescape line from Ral Partha (SKU 11-649).  Painted with the new mermaid scale paint from the pre-order Brinewind set.  Painted over Coal Black it makes great shiny insect carapace, and over white, awesome looking insect wings.  I also had fun making a lava river for this creepy demon critter.

• By Glitterwolf
      3D printed on my Elegoo Mars.
      Design by Artisan Guild.

Abyss Demon this one came as a sample for presupported minis without his hands, so I printed two claws from the Death Tide Jurakin Set and upscaled those to 125% to fit the Demon.
      He's part of my Horde of the North Project.
      WIP here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79398-horde-of-the-north-glitterwolf-paints-barbarians-and-mammoths/page/5/#comments

The Horde marches South to the civilized lands, ready to plunder and pillage.
      Led by the mighty Mumlak all barbarians, beastmen, orcs and trolls join the Horde.
      The Horde grows, sometimes a group gets impatient and infighting is common, Mumlak cares not.
      There are enough warriors to conquer the Realm of Men.

A Shaman has performed a dark ritual and summoned a demon to join their cause.
      Full of rage the clawed abomination enters the mortal realm, ready to kill.
      Amused Mumlak watches the scene, wondering if the shaman will be able to control the demon.

• By Glitterwolf
      Artisan Guild Oni Beauty, Tsuki.
      3D printed on my Elegoo Mars

Part of my project: NIPPON, Land of the Rising Moon, WIP: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/14/#comments

Tried a little freehand on the fan.

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a Kyogin Oni from Artisan Guild.
      She's one big mean girl!

Printed on my Elegoo Mars Resin Printer.

WIP here as she's part of my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/13/

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)