Sign in to follow this  
darkangelx387

02868: Eldritch Demon (New to Painting)

Okay I officially hate you since you are painting this good as a new painter.

Seriously though, looks really good, the wings in particular look great!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Okay I officially hate you since you are painting this good as a new painter.

Haters gonna hate...

Great Work!

Purple text means joke!

Just to be sure you get that...before you run away...

It looks great, you're doing fine!

I would love to see a painted/flocked base to enhance the mini.

Keep posting your work!

• Like 3

Thanks everyone, I learned a lot from this one I really don't like how the blue swirls came out. I'm not sure how I could have done it better but it doesn't look as good as I was thinking it would lol

1 hour ago, darkangelx387 said:

Thanks everyone, I learned a lot from this one I really don't like how the blue swirls came out. I'm not sure how I could have done it better but it doesn't look as good as I was thinking it would lol

The blue swirls look alright to me. I would maybe try going over them again in a lighter blue (like almost white) with a very fine brush. That will make them stand out more from the skin.

• Like 1

The blue swirls look awesome to me. The figure turned out very well. 

Since you asked how to do better, I'll give the usual advice, and the advice which is still what pretty much all painters strive towards. I work on improving it on every figure.  

Here it is: more shading and highlighting. It will make each feature more distinct. The tentacles will get scarier, the arms seem more muscled, the wings more prominent.

Great start, and welcome to painting! Excellent choice of figures :) 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      I painted Devil Girl's clothing in Vallejo Black and thought, "God, that's boring". So I added 1/3 Vallejo Dark Prussian Blue to the black and redid her coat. Adding the blue makes the black much richer, and I washed the black over with Army Painter Blue Tone. Her skin was done with Vallejo Flat Red, Red and Vermillion. Her hair is black and drybrushed with Vallejo Royal Purple. The lava is Liquitex Modelling Paste and the slabs are just plasticard. Her eyes took FOREVER to get right, which was frustrating as hell as they're just yellow with a thin black line.

The paint scheme and base are shamelessly ripped off this one by @TheOldGuard, although he/she can do OSL and I can't (and wasn't even going to attempt it).

• By lexomatic
      It this yesterday because it gives me a nice in-between mini from my reaper eldritch demon and my Cthulhu.
      This is about 90 minutes

Lots of inaccessible spots and texture which makes painting not fun. Will be making this shorter than planned as a result. Everything will get a flesh wash. I'll do some eyes and claws, then a medium and ink wash of the clear plastic water.
    • By lexomatic
      I decided to do a quick prime of my kickstarter minis. Creatures on blue /green spectrum got grey primer, and those that are fleshier got a mix of yellow & brown primer and a drop of craft red because I had it handy.
      No idea when I can next paint. Already did a good job obscuring some details.

• By Maledrakh
      I am the Lord of Darkness.
      I require the solace of the shadows,
      and the dark of the night.
      Sunshine is my destroyer.

All this shall change.
      Tonight, the sun sets forever
      There shall never be another dawn!
      --
      thus begins the 1985 Fantasy movie Legend, directed by Ridley Scott and starring a very young Tom Cruise and the excellent Tim Curry. If you have not seen this movie, do so right away. A classic Fantasy, in several ways.

LEGEND, Tim Curry, as the Lord of Darkness, 1985

pics beneath the click

• By wolfisin
      Hello

Here's another video I've put up featuring another Reaper Miniature

Linked for Nudity
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGDB6_8FaNY

Looking forward to more feedback and comments

Thanks
  • Who's Online   33 Members, 1 Anonymous, 207 Guests (See full list)