• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have these in my cart for this month's order. Needed some summoned critters for the main baddie for ReaperCon. Still not sure if I wanna use these or what I've already got. Still seeing them painted up helps (or hurts??) making that decision. ::): 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

First up are the Hordlings that I painted up as umps for Frostgrave.

Shouldn't they have black-and-white stripes or grey shirts and chest protectors then?

:poke:

I'm planning the same thing (assuming you meant "imps"), but I need to wait until my current chemistry experiment* is finished.

* I wasn't happy with how wobbly their ankles were after I removed their bases, so I'm trying ... something. It's a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel, but it needs more testing to make sure I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing. (Know what I mean? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Nice! Never thought of using these as summons for an evil wizard. Great idea. 

Quick question. What do you think about the coarse pumice gel? I've been thinking about springing for one or two jars of Golden medium for basing but hadn't considered that one. 

I quite like it for snow.  I've been fairly lazy up to this point and haven't bothered painting it yet.  As is it looks ok for somewhat dingy snow.  It dries pretty solid; though it does take a while to completely dry.  Once I lay it down on a base, I let it sit overnight (in reality close to 24 hours before I check on it again).  That said, once it's dry, it can scrape it off the edges of the bases fairly easily.

As for application, it's a bit thick to apply with a brush, so I generally use a popsicle stick to trowel it on.

• Like 1