Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
It has been a year and a half since I painted. I have lined a few bone minis and this is the first of my practice pieces. I spent 2 hours on the cloak. Not happy with it, but I want to move on to the other parts.
Brown liner to "prime" the bones figure. Then 9418 thru 9420 triad for the cloak.
I wanted to do a couple things with these guys. First, I wanted to see what I could accomplish in under 3 hours of work on a single mini. This included the prep, prime, and painting of each (though I didn't prime Sajan). And second, just play around with more Bones figures because, except for the bigger models, I admit to not being the biggest fan mostly due to the fuzzy details and cleaning the mold lines can be a pain on them. But I want to get to know them better because they're not going anywhere! And I have a lot of them now too.
Here's what I got out of it -
One, since I had a time constraint, I didn't obsess over getting every mold line smoothed out and I didn't do any green stuff patching and I just had to get over it, haha.
Two, the sculpt really matters. Sir Conlan was easier compared to the other two.
Three, I had to constantly remind myself not to hyper focus on little details as is my habit. An example would be faces. I spent about a half hour just on Alistrilee's face. (And these pictures don't do her justice, it looks way better in person, I think.)But that's part of the reason I wanted to try this - to see where I spend too much time and improve technique and habit along the way.
And four, I know things could go faster if I gave in to more drybrushing, but certain things never look quite complete to me when I do that.
Going to go back to hyper focusing on some of my other projects for now. But I'll definitely do this more often. Maybe a couple every other week or something like that.
Who's Online 20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)