Somewhere around here, I saw an article... rather good one... where someone took a Reaper monk figure and made a pretty good looking Jedi figure out of it.

I've found myself thinking about Star Wars figures as of late, and I have found myself wondering: What figures does Reaper make, Bones or otherwise, that would manage a reasonable or easy conversion into Star Wars characters, or even generic space opera folks?

Ideas? Suggestions? Pictures?

• Like 2

Ezren the Iconic PF Wizard would be easy to convert. Just chop his staff and make it a saber.

• Like 1

Would that have been my link a few days back to this old thread?

• Like 2

On 5/8/2017 at 7:28 PM, Pingo said:

Would that have been my link a few days back to this old thread?

That's the bunny.

• Like 1

Well, obviously, the IMEF and NOVA Corp figures make for good "rebels" and "stormtroopers" with the right paint job, and Reaper does have a few figures that are specifically meant to be space opera types (not to mention the Nanos and Murden from the Numenera line)... The Bathalians make for great alien bad guys.

02246: Elquin the Daring makes for a decent Jedi if you use a bit of greenstuff to make the hem of his tunic straight, and you could also use him for some sort of official wearing a robe of office as well.  His clothing is generic enough that a bit of modification could let him fit into a lot of different settings, both fantasy and space opera... Paint him in blacks and stick a few sci-fi bits on him and he could be a Techno-mage from B5.

02732: Kazumi, Male Monk's outfit is generic enough that he could be almost anything from a moisture farmer to a resistance fighter depending on what you replace his staff with. Add a couple of square or rectangular pouches to his belt or a couple of gizmos...

02836: Piers, Young Mage has a very high-concept space opera look to him once you remove the staff - he could be holding a blaster and a rapier... He has a Dune sort of feel to him.

02807: Lamann, Sorceror kind of has a Techno-mage thing going on. With the right bits, he could be a lot of different types of npc.

03095: Damar, Adventuring Mage sort of has a Kylo Ren thing going on... He'd make a good Sith if you replaced the gear on his belts with sci-fi bits and turned his book into a couple of rectangular pouches.

03504: Karahl Farstep, Wizard has sort of a Jedi thing going on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      So I finally fell into the temptation and got my first ground based sci fi minis!(I do have spaceships.) 
      A Cataphract, conquerer , and a halberd by Reaper minis came in with my horsman today! Sadly the halberd is missing a piece so it may in end up being returned. 
      So my first order of business was a small conversion to the cataphract
      Before conversion

And the conquerer has donated the necessary parts for said conversion, specifically his smaller missile pods.

A bit of work with an exacto knife removed said weapons.

And a bit more exacto work to make a spot for the pods on the Cataphract.

Some super glue to assemble the cataphract and voila! It is time for paint!

And don’t worry about the Conquerer, I have a conversion in mind for it too. It just might not be a true mech when I’m done.......

More sci-fi stuff to come soon I hope!
      And maybe just maybe I’ll try to make a backstory for these guys.
      Thankyou for looking! 

• By kristof65
      So my son and his friends have asked me if I would run them a "Star Wars D&D game".

They were thinking that I would use 5e, but given that there are Star Wars specific RPGs out there, it seems picking one of those up would be a better idea.

Went to the local FLGS thinking I would just pick up whatever the latest version is, only to find out that there are apparently several different versions now available? I got seriously confused as to which was which (the FLGS shrink wraps their books) and just left with a couple of minis.

So what are the various versions? And in your opinion, what are the pros and cons of each version?

• By Jordan Peacock
      Online, from a certain market of miniatures, I found some "Kaosball" team expansion packs on clearance (for a better price than what they're listed at now, as of this writing).  Each pack contains 13 32mm-scale minis in 2 poses (6 of one pose on 25mm square bases, and 7 of an alt pose on 25mm round bases), a "bust" that represents the "team coach," and a game-specific 12-sided die (which I suppose isn't much use for anything, unless I actually wanted to play the game).  Anyway, this worked out to being under $1 a figure, and the sculpts looked interesting, so I got a few packs.  (I find it hilarious, though, that while most of the packs are marked down, the "Felinia Hellcats" -- scantily-clad gun-toting cat-girls -- are specifically marked as "[CLEARANCE]" and yet they're priced at about 3x the asking price for each of the other teams.)

I originally picked these guys up (the "Samaria Barbarians") with a vague intent that "someday" I would run a Savage Worlds convention one-shot scenario heavily inspired by the "Brütal Legend" video game ... but it occurred to me that few if any of my players would have heard of that game, and I'm no particular "expert" on anything rock-and-roll-related, so maybe I'm not the best person to GM such a setting.

However, I could always use a few more post-apocalyptic wastelanders.  The "big hair" style here doesn't necessarily look like it would fit the current Fallout aesthetic as established in Fallout 4 and Fallout 76, but I think these guys wouldn't look terribly out of place in the original Fallout 1 & 2 (what with all the "Mad Max" and "Fist of the North Star" wannabes wandering about in those games).  I removed the figures from their bases, putty-and-texture-stamped the 25mm round bases, putty-and-texture-stamped some plastic 25mm rounds for the remaining figures, and did a few hand swaps and bit-add-ons to give a few of the figures visible ranged weaponry.  (I figured that would give me a little more buy-in if I were to field a gang of these guys for an encounter and then they start FIRING on the PCs, versus what pushback I might get if they *appeared* to only be armed with axes.)

I used some paper printed license plates to add some "junk armor" elements to further reinforce the "post-apocalyptic" vibe.

Each team pack also comes with a "bust" to represent the team coach.  I went with a bronze-and-verdigris scheme for each.
    • By Sharkbelly
      My next project is some air power for my rebels. Here are two T-47s with two coats of the base color.

• By Sharkbelly
      Next up are four Bike Scouts and a few barrels.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)