Sign in to follow this  
SparrowMarie

77380: Khanjira

I agree.  Great work on the eyes.  I've had my own moderate success, but eyes are still a point of frustration for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hdclearman said:

I agree.  Great work on the eyes.  I've had my own moderate success, but eyes are still a point of frustration for me.

18 minutes ago, Xherman1964 said:

Love it!

Great eyes and a good job overall!!!

Thank you both! The eyes were a bit of more luck than anything. Anything smaller and they wouldn't have looked nearly as nice.

• Like 2

nice! I feel your pain about throwing stuff into simple green, I think we've all been there as well

I'm glad you didn't though!

As the others said the eyes look really good!

• Like 2

Awesome paint job.  Especially tackling it fully assembled.   Gotsta gets me one of those... be worth the tariff just to see the look on my players faces... <walks off mumbling and chuckling evilly>

Edited by Pillpeddler
  • Like 1

nice job, the eyes are pretty awesome :)

Edited by Tjrez
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Holy cow, what a beast! Somehow yours looks extra armored! Very nice.

Honestly, I'm too terrified of painting this guy to even take it out of the box. >.<

I was too but Husband needs him for his final 13th Age session in the very near future. So of course I painted him months ago so I wouldn't be caught up in it last minute. Which was a very good idea seeing as we just got our Bones 3 order yesterday and I am now slated to paint 9 giants before "sometime in June."

And thanks for the kind words everybody! 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SparrowMarie
      Spent just about a week on this one. It was fun. My GS work sucks but it's done. C&C welcome.

• By SparrowMarie
      Painted this up. Finally attached her to the base. Not sure if I want to just paint black over the base or do something fancy with it.

• By SparrowMarie
      It's been quite some time since I've done a show off but here goes.

I painted this mini in about 6 hours. Still need to gloss and seal. C&C welcome.

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      Hey look, yet another Jasper topic.....

But this one is different (I hope).  I actually have a time frame in mind, to get this finished before the end of 2020, and submitted for the annual diorama contest.

I love dioramas, and I've been pretty happy with the few I've made. BUT I always put off getting started and then end up rushing over Christmas to get everything done.
      So this year I'm starting in January (if just barely) so that I will hopefully get some stuff done before December.

I've had the idea for this diorama since the very first moment I saw my first "sneak preview" of Khanjira (that would have been approximately Fri, Oct 25, 2013, 7:57 PM ADT, according to when I got the email from Kickstarter).
      My first though was something like "What a beast! Imagine if he was fighting something from a smaller scale, like CAV...."
      So that has been bouncing around in my head ever since.  
      Then I was messaging with @Pochi a few weeks ago about the contests and got talking about dioramas, and I mentioned this idea, and she said I HAD to do it.....so here we are. 

Basic concept is the classic Kaiju attacking a future city harbour. CAVs (any or all of tanks, vehicles, mechs, infantry, maybe even aircraft) defending. (I briefly considered going even smaller scale as I have quite a bit of 6mm stuff too, but CAVs are easier to work with,  I have about a billion of them, and they are awesome).

Today was a beginning.  I grabbed some stuff and laid it out just to get an idea of a size I'm going to want.

Obviously I just grabbed what was handy to get some scale. Khanjira is represented by my 7 days Khanjira (handy, that ). I plan to try to get him a little more upright, since he won't be on his base and at least his front foot will be "under water". With his pose (which I don't think I have the skill or know how to adjust too much) I'm thinking maybe an elevated highway that he has just crushed to be what his right leg is on.  That or a boat of some sort....we'll see.
      The box is just a reference for the land, glasses are just some buildings.  I'm picturing something similar to the Halifax waterfront with boardwalks or something and docks/jetties (the grey upside down drawer represents) and then big buildings. Army will be in place along the waterfront, so some barricades and stuff. Possibly a trench of energy blasted ruin from the "breath weapon" if I think I can pull that off.  Again, we'll see.
      So just from the mock up, this is going to be fairly massive...like approaching 2 foot kind of dimensions 
      Not something I would do if I was following advice on building award winning dioramas, but then that's not what I'm focusing on.  I just want to make the image in my mind a reality, and I'm using the contest deadline to hopefully focus me.
      I'm also going to have to learn to do a bunch of new stuff for this, which should be fun!

Step one will be to dig out my other Khanjira and start cleaning up up.  And decide on what I'm going to use for a base for this thing.....

• By SparrowMarie
      So my Husband needs a boat for his 4E campaign. It unfortunately cannot wait until Bones 5 delivers so I bought a paper craft boat from World Works Games. It's called The Maiden. It's HUGE. Photo from the website in spoiler. In the photo you can see a few minis placed on it for scale. 

Like I said HUGE. I've done some other paper craft boats before but nothing like this. I'll be using foamcore for the base of the decks but the rest of it is card stock, transparency paper, and Uhu glue(the glue stick not the liquid-y stuff). I'm not yet sure which figurehead and props I will be using. I may just make them all and let Husband decide what he wants/needs after that.

Thankfully, this thing comes with pretty detailed instructions so it shouldn't be...not sure hard is the word I want but it's the one I'm going to use. So it shouldn't be hard, it's just up to my skill to cut, glue, and (most importantly) follow directions. It will take lots of time though I am sure of that. 
  • Who's Online   26 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)