Sign in to follow this  
Ghool

Anson Durst and Zaal, the Ancestral Advocate

Awesome job as always!

Does this mean there's a video of Durst forthcoming too?  

• Like 3

Your painting is so stunning and beautiful! I do have a question, I have noticed with the Privateer Press models there are a lot of poorly placed mold lines, how did you get these minis to look so clean? Do you use a special tool?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gargs said:

Awesome job as always!

Does this mean there's a video of Durst forthcoming too?  

Yes. It releases in 3 weeks. I just cover the armour though.

1 hour ago, Baldur8762 said:

Your painting is so stunning and beautiful! I do have a question, I have noticed with the Privateer Press models there are a lot of poorly placed mold lines, how did you get these minis to look so clean? Do you use a special tool?

Just a sharp Xacto blade for the resin bits and a standard file for the metal.

You'd be surprised what you can hide with paint.....:ph34r:

5 hours ago, Consequence said:

Wow those are amazing! I hope I can do that someday. The green necrotic fire is perfect!

I am a firm believer that anyone can master the technical ability required to paint minis. All it takes is practice. Just be persistent and you can paint to whatever level you desire.

• Like 6

Wow these are great.

. I have just resently tried to paint gems. Yours look  fantastic. I only painted one white dot, you Seem to paint more and in some places a couple of stripes-ish.. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LarsM said:

Wow these are great.

. I have just resently tried to paint gems. Yours look  fantastic. I only painted one white dot, you Seem to paint more and in some places a couple of stripes-ish.. 

How to Paint Gemstones

• Like 2

Both pieces are VERY WELL DONE, but I LOVE the base you crafted for the Big Steam Dude...to me, that is an inspiring creation.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ahowdleart/iron-hammer-miniatures-the-mighty-gnomish-war-engine?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-1

• By DragonWyrm
      I had it sitting on my bench for more than a year. Brought it on sale and it was nice working with such a heavy model, thought it did fall apart a couple times (Since I am not using it for gaming, I did not pin it).  The fourth picture seems to have the closest red to how it looks in real life.

The Robot 

Together with Friends

Feedback and Critiques are welcome and appreciated. 
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Painted this to use in my upcoming DnD campaign....freakin hard to paint. I could tell this was going to be difficult for me from the get go, so much stuff. Sometimes I wish models had approximate difficulty levels on the boxes.

The trio that the player characters will encounter are towards the bottom. 

Players should be trudging though a swampy bayou for a bit before they encounter a soft candle light glow in the distance ahead of them. The magicked candles begin to block the players night vision as they get closer. If they turn away, the candlelight will wink out and reappear in front of them again. Eventually they will encounter Papa Hoodoo and his gator zombie constructs Leblanc and Boudreaux.  I may pick up a reaper dire gator as a possibility during the encounter.

The pics below are more of a forest than swamp, but was having some fun with taking pictures this morning and I don't have any swamp terrain.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/privateerpress/warcaster-neo-mechanika

Story
       Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika is a high-speed hobby miniatures game in which players collect and customize a battle force of 35 mm-scale warriors and warjacks and play out epic, scenario-driven battles across a tabletop.  
      A Warcaster is the pinnacle of power, a being capable of harnessing and manipulating the cosmic forces that can fuel mechanika and conjure ancient reality-warping Cyphers. The mind of a Warcaster has been forged into the ultimate weapon: by channeling Arcanessence, they are able to coordinate an entire battle force while simultaneously augmenting that force’s combat prowess by remotely channeling arcane energies into their weapons, armor, and even their formidable war machines.  In a galaxy beleaguered by constant conflict, the Warcasters are the champions of their nations, worlds, and empires, waging war with each other like gods moving pieces across a chessboard.
        In Warcaster: Neo-Mechanika, YOU are the Warcaster. You are not a pawn on the tabletop; you are the god making the moves. Charged with valuable Arcanessence, you will customize your powers and the load outs of your warjacks, choose the composition of your battle force, and lay waste to all that stands before you. 
    • By cosxcam
      First real attempt at object source lighting.

Model was zenithal primed and painted using glazes and inks

• Who's Online   18 Members, 5 Anonymous, 45 Guests (See full list)