Tjrez

Reapercon classes

In my experience, sculpting classes tend so sell out the slowest, but they are absolutely worth taking.

Even if you don't get the sculpting bug, the skills help with conversions, and miniature prep.

Also, its fun to hang out with the sculptors.

• Like 7

My daughter wants to do a sculpting class.  Nothing on Sat it looks like and I doubt any would want a 7 year old in there.  I told her she could go to Tish's class again since she liked it so much.

• Like 2

Just curious, are there any other materials being considered to use as room partitions? Last year's the fabric curtains did very little to contain sound from the gaming area or neighboring classes. So any efforts to use thicker material would be highly recommended and appreciated.

Also, will there be a floor plan made available before hand? With monster room names this year, I can see this being a big help.

28 minutes ago, MnemonicGhost said:

Also, will there be a floor plan made available before hand? With monster room names this year, I can see this being a big help.

I thought that was asked for last year too but since things can easily be moved around if needed they may not want a map like that set in stone.

47 minutes ago, MnemonicGhost said:

Just curious, are there any other materials being considered to use as room partitions? Last year's the fabric curtains did very little to contain sound from the gaming area or neighboring classes. So any efforts to use thicker material would be highly recommended and appreciated.

Most sound-proof materials are probably not cost-effective.

There was some discussion of rearranging the convention space to put more space between the classrooms and the gaming space, but I am not aware of any publicly announced resolution.

I don't know the budget for sound-dampening, but something like shipping blankets for the walls might work if they're in budget.

Seems to be a LOT of classes on painting Black, white, red this year.. I wonder if that was based on requests or just what people wanted to teach.. 

• Like 1

I was hoping to see if my daughter could take Robert Ridolfi's basing class on Saturday.  She wanted to do it or Tish's painting class again.  I wrote him on FB and here but pretty sure he does not keep up with either so I may not get a response before Friday.  Anyone got an email for him or Julie? If so PM me and I will send the message if you don't mind relaying it for me.

29 minutes ago, hungerfan said:

I was hoping to see if my daughter could take Robert Ridolfi's basing class on Saturday.  She wanted to do it or Tish's painting class again.  I wrote him on FB and here but pretty sure he does not keep up with either so I may not get a response before Friday.  Anyone got an email for him or Julie? If so PM me and I will send the message if you don't mind relaying it for me.

Bob is pretty laid back, and though I can't speak for him I don't think it would be a problem. I've taken the class, and while some of the information, like the type of glues and plastics he prefers might go over her head, the hands-on portion is very child friendly. 

• Like 2

Just now, Inarah said:

Bob is pretty laid back, and though I can't speak for him I don't think it would be a problem. I've taken the class, and while some of the information, like the type of glues and plastics he prefers might go over her head, the hands-on portion is very child friendly. 

Yeah and in the message to him I explained all the basing we have done on her minis since I took his class two years ago.  May get us both seats in it.  I know he and Julie love seeing the things she has made each time I see them.

• Like 4

I'm a bit confused.  I thought all class purchases had to go thru the Reapercon class purchase page on the website.  Two years ago, we had an instructor allow someone who had not purchased the class to attend with resulting seating and supply issues.

So, can we contact instructors directly to get access to their classes?

2 minutes ago, Highlander said:

I'm a bit confused.  I thought all class purchases had to go thru the Reapercon class purchase page on the website.  Two years ago, we had an instructor allow someone who had not purchased the class to attend with resulting seating and supply issues.

I think it was to ensure that the class was appropriate for a 7 year old.  Least that's the way I read it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Highlander said:

No. Tickets are not available outside of the website. ( @Reaperbryan should be able to officially confirm that.)

I think @hungerfan was messageing Bob & Julie to get their advice on age-appropriateness, not to acquire tickets.

Yeah sorry for any confusion. My post was more to see if anyone here had ever talked to them via email or other form of interweb services.  Would rather get approval before just showing up with a 7 year old...even if she has been basing her minis for nearly the last 2 years.