Tjrez

Reapercon classes

20 hours ago, Highlander said:

I'm a bit confused.  I thought all class purchases had to go thru the Reapercon class purchase page on the website.  Two years ago, we had an instructor allow someone who had not purchased the class to attend with resulting seating and supply issues.

So, can we contact instructors directly to get access to their classes?

It is up to the instructor, but sometimes yes you can buy an extra seat at the con if you get permission.  As you noted it can create issues.  Just walking in and listening, or "auditing" the class is not allowed. 

Edited by Inarah

Reminder! 

Classes_Sale_Announcement.jpg

Classes go on sale 10am Central, so make sure you figure out what time that is in your time zone! ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 6

Dumb question- when classes go live it will be on the class page? The one with the descriptions of the classes that currently says "not available" on each class since they aren't live yet?

27 minutes ago, Bathory said:

Dumb question- when classes go live it will be on the class page? The one with the descriptions of the classes that currently says "not available" on each class since they aren't live yet?

Yes, the classes will appear on the class page.  The available classes will have a # of available seats listed.  "Not available" means that all of the class seats are either purchased or sitting in someone's cart.

Ron

• Like 1

When the classes go live, will the class page automatically refresh itself?  Or we have to manually refresh?  Or, perhaps, will we have to (re)login after the classes go live?

When does the inventory of available tickets get updated? When I place a class in my cart, or when I check out? Can I get to checkout and discover that something in my cart is no longer available?

You'll have to refresh, but you won't need to log out/back in.

The correct link for classes is https://reapercon.com/classes OR https://reapercon.com/schedule  either one works, BUT classes page has the handy date buttons on the right (for users not on mobile) that may make it easier to Jump To specific day.

All classes will say NOT AVAILABLE until I hit the button , and then they should have a number. once you see ANY classes with a number of seats available, any classes that then say NOT AVAILABLE are sold out.

Just now, klarg1 said:

When does the inventory of available tickets get updated? When I place a class in my cart, or when I check out? Can I get to checkout and discover that something in my cart is no longer available?

Inventory is updated upon CART ADD. You click to add to cart it is YOURS for 10 minutes. if you fail to purchase it within ten minutes, it is returned to inventory for others (to prevent cart hogging).

It is not possible to add to cart and then go to checkout to discover it was stolen from you.

I would also like to remind people that the HTML Tables I use to display the Class Grid is suboptimal on Mobile Devices. If you are able to checkout on a Tablet or larger, I strongly suggest doing so.

2 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I would also like to remind people that the HTML Tables I use to display the Class Grid is suboptimal on Mobile Devices. If you are able to checkout on a Tablet or larger, I strongly suggest doing so.

I have a suggestion about that for next year. Minor thing. Might help a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

Got a hotspot and my laptop.  Evidently At&T sucks in my area at work.  I've got a friend that letting piggyback off of his phone and it's almost as good as at home.

T minis 9 minutes.

• Like 4