Tjrez

Reapercon classes

On 5/15/2017 at 10:22 AM, Tjrez said:

I see blizzard does this virtual thing for its shows. May not only be beneficial to the artist but also may be good marketiñ thing. just sayin ;)

Having been to both BlizzCon, and ReaperCon numerous times -- both conventions are wildly different. BlizzCon is a fully open-area convention, with zero private knowledge transfer (classes) that can be re-sold or pirated (unless you count the game previews, but Blizzard tries to publicly post those before anybody else can post to Youtube). The classes at ReaperCon, though, are small (8 to 12 people), private events, that we pay for, in addition to the convention. I think that's the main defining factor for the classes -- they're private (tons of public events at RC, too, though).

Many of the professional painters that teach classes at ReaperCon have paid online services, channels, and DVDs that are already available for purchase, and many of these are more in-depth and focused than what you'd get in a mildly chaotic, friendly, laid-back class. I'd link, but I'm not sure what the forum rules would say about quasi-Reaper-related-but-not-Reaper merchandise. Easy enough to Google, though.

Edited by Xumenicus
Clarification
  • Like 2

The best thing about ReaperCon, though, is the face time with the artists, hanging out after hours. Eating breakfast with them. Rudy's BBQ morning tacos with Julie, Bob, Jason, Sandra, and Bobby was one of the most awesome things my last RCon. Just sitting and chatting. :wub:

DVDs and YouTube doesn't give you that. Sitting around a fire while Izzy serenades you? Nothing matches that. @Reaperbryan and @ladystorm hugs after permission received? Nothing... absolutely nothing comes close.

• Like 10

BlizzCon ( ... I went in person. Once) is a FHUGE mass of too fraggin' many people. It didn't help that the con space was dark. A number of the other attendees that year were calling it LineCon, because .. really, anything you wanted to do? Stand in line. :/

On the other hand, I got to see Metallica live, and I was neither deaf nor hoarse when I came out (... I tried for hoarse, honest, I did). So, that was fun? But, holy flapjacks, alpha. That was WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE. AUGH. O.O

I have this thing where I prefer smaller conventions; Paizocon is about as big as I think I can handle. So, y'know. Small convention = awesome, from my perspective, even if it isn't actually as small as it may or may not feel. ;p

I am looking forward to getting to talk to people who paint better than I do, though. There may be pointers that stick! I might learn to blend skin without it looking wacky and patchy! And do freehand patterns! On anything, as opposed to on small items that might or might not be obvious. ^^;

• Like 5

I know I mentioned earlier this week that i was going to have Rcon admission tickets available today.

With 4 hours left to go, It's beginning to look like that's not going to happen. I'm reluctant to turn them on and then walk away for the weekend, i want to be available in case of bugs, glitches, errors, or confusions. So I'm going to get as many duck lined up now and aim for early Monday.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

14 minutes ago, Reaperbryan said:

I know I mentioned earlier this week that i was going to have Rcon admission tickets available today.

With 4 hours left to go, It's beginning to look like that's not going to happen. I'm reluctant to turn them on and then walk away for the weekend, i want to be available in case of bugs, glitches, errors, or confusions. So I'm going to get as many duck lined up now and aim for early Monday.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience this causes.

Actually make my life a little easier. Plus now, hopefully, you can actually enjoy your weekend and not spend the whole time stressing about it!!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SirLarpsAlot said:

Deploying major features on a Friday and leaving for the weekend is always a great idea if you plan on working most of Sunday. :)

Exactly my thoughts. So Instead I'm polishing a few things and begging for the information i need to be handed over before Monday.

We will announce the date and time classes will go on sale this Friday, June 30th.

Please note that the announcement is happening June 30, the going on sale is not.

i appreciate that.  I'll be on the road the last part of July and a heads-up will allow me to plan to be somewhere where I can sign up for classes.

• Like 1

I guess going over the classes and trying to decide what I would like to do is a thing that should happen soon.

• Like 4

I need to talk to Mr. Thorne about what I want to take, vs. what we can afford for me to take.

I may talk him into a frankenbones class, just for the gits and shiggles. ^^'

• Like 2

This has probably been answered elsewhere, but I can't find it and I apologize in advance.

How many classes can each attendee enroll in?

And how many students will be allowed in each hands-on painting class?  (12 ... found the answer).

Edited by Highlander