Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Chibi Giants and Swarms by Impact! Miniatures on Kickstarter (Final Day)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674003445/chibi-giants-and-swarms-fantasy-rpg-miniatures/description

18447113_1536628953034633_6091386738606986521_n.jpg?oh=581e79b473896dc879d97365f6a59ef0&oe=59BA45F3

New giant, old giants from the first chibi KS re-sized to 40mm (some thought the originals were too big to be bosses in a number of games like SDE/Arcadia Quest etc) and a Trojan Pony

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 4

From a chibi standpoint, I like that the frost giant has a silly lightning bolt that looks like it's from a kid's cereal.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone ... I am really excited about this project ... especially now with the new resin and release formulas that work with any brush on or spray primer.    Stretch Goals that we will hopefully discuss soon will have voting to unlock the other 3 Giants and 2 Elementals (and after that we have fun new stuff to come)

• Like 1

Not a chibi fan normally.  But I like these monsters a bunch!

On 5/16/2017 at 6:35 PM, impactminiatures said:

Thanks everyone ... I am really excited about this project ... especially now with the new resin and release formulas that work with any brush on or spray primer.    Stretch Goals that we will hopefully discuss soon will have voting to unlock the other 3 Giants and 2 Elementals (and after that we have fun new stuff to come)

I just read about needing specific primers on their website.  So the real question is if you buy old models in the KS, are you still going to have that problem?

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 7:33 PM, Harrek said:

I just read about needing specific primers on their website.  So the real question is if you buy old models in the KS, are you still going to have that problem?

One of the promises is that ALL castings for this KickStarter (new releases and previously existing figures) will be done with the new resin formula.  So no special primers will be needed for anything you get as a reward from this KickStarter.

• Like 4

Update #2

May 19 2017

FUNDED! Thank you backers. VOTE here for the Giant to unlock for Stretch Goal #1

In just over 3 days, we have reached our funding goal to make 12 new or resized Chibi Giants and Swarm miniatures.   Thank you so much backers.   We really appreciate your support.

But we still have 2 weeks left so lets get several more figures unlocked to choose from.

We are going to let you the backers pick which Chibi is unlocked next when we reach $7,500!   Will it be the battle hungry Fire Giant or the magic wielding Cloud Giant.   All you need to do reply to this update and let us know Fire or Cloud.   The one with the most votes will unlock to be made when we reach $7,500.

Thank you again for helping us successfully fund these fun large scale Chibi miniatures!

6a94a586a3bed132514cff77990d3272_origina

Tom & Chris @ Impact!

Update 3

Spreading the news

Just wanted to stop in and say that I've been working to get the KickStarter shared in as many media sources as I can to help us break through Stretch Goal #1.

I am grateful to all our backers for helping this project fund and will continue to seek out new ways to share the project online to help us unlock that Cloud Giant (and hopefully) more for Stretch Goal #1. 

If you have any way to help us spread the word about the project as we approach our final week, thank you for any and all assistance!

Tom @ Impact!

spreading the word = more chibi goodies

you know it makes sense

• Like 1

Update #4

Jun 1 2017

Final Day! All Stretch Goal are revealed. 3 new items added to KickStarter

First off Chris and I wanted to thank all the backers that are reading this update.

This KickStarter has been one of the wildest of all rides for us that we've had.   We've had over $2000 in cancelled pledges during this KickStarter ... fortunately we've had a matching amount of new pledges to offset that during the time since we funded (so thank you backers from the last 12 days for that).    Enough cancelled pledges to easily have unlocked two stretch goals.    KickStarter is a fickle beast and we are not trying to read too much into it.   The good news is for all of you ... we funded!   KickStarter does not allow cancelled pledges in the final 24 hours that would de-fund a project so these new chibi WILL get made and that is the good news for us.

As a thank you to all the backers we wanted to show you the art we had Lorraine do for us for all the stretch goals.    We hate wasting Lorraine art ... so while the majority of these did not unlock ... we will definitely slow trying to work on them to have them made or maybe try to get the rest of them made with a future KickStarter.   Chris and I really were excited by the art for this KickStarter and we are sorry that this project did not generate the buzz like any of our many previous Chibi KickStarters.  

But before we show you the art ... we are adding 3 new unlocked items right now today in hopes that we can get to $7500 and unlock the Cloud Giant (which based on requests we also plan to make a 30mm version with longer ears for an Elven Mage).

New unlocks are:

Chibi Rooster Swarm (so $3 for 1, $10 for 4 and $15 for 6)

71fc11b824cc0a9288e014f2307e9596_origina

Cockatrice Mother and Chicks set - $10

8f4b9502d41fe77556b2d1b5e1c0aa9e_origina

50mm Pit Lord $10

3e0502bba0da40c5e74f76f284922f96_origina

Again ... thank you so much for all the backers that helped us fund this project today and I hope we can get a small surge of backers on the final day to fund the Cloud Giant and Elven Mage!

Here was the rest of the art from Lorraine for the project

0dabb3da633f878108a3bef4f0d9dbcc_origina
  • Like 1