Height Measurement on Nor'Okk the Ettin

Okay gang, 

Need to know if someone can help me out. I have had to settle for making paper mini's for my DnD campaign until I can get some money together and start buying more mini's from reaper. I have a scale I use for smaller figures, but I need one I can use for bigger ones. 

Does anyone know the measurement of  03137: Nor'Okk, Ettin  minus the base. That way it will help me in scaling my minis for larger figures. Actually just need his height.

IG_1363_1.jpg

Thanks

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      It's been a while since I've posted anything to WIP, but I'm trying to get my mojo back.  This particular model has had a few new things applied to it that I was testing, but am not totally happy with.  The main thing is I'm getting paint down and learning as I go, but there's a few questions I have:

1.  Ink washes - so, I'm getting a lot of pooling when using them.  I'm using DR inks with a drop of ink, drop of flowaid, and a touch of water.  This leaves it glossy and pooled in places pretty badly.  Tried going to ink and flow aid only so it'd drift more into the recesses, which helped, but still not solving it.  then I tried less ink by dabbing my brush in just a touch into the ink, then utilizing the flowaid to dilute what's on the brush in a little pool.  All in all I'm having difficulty finding what is the right balance.  Any tips here?

2.  Oil paints.  I finally went for the James Wappel special here and attempted some oils.  This didn't pan out super well and could be the paint-to-alcohol I used.  My assessment was it was too thick and I didn't know how much to dab off with a sponge.  The skin color worked okay, but needed a big highlight application with acrylics after the oils dried (waited more than a week).  I tried testing washes with this stuff by doing the 'blot test' on a paper towel to see if it spread out, which kind of worked.  However, the effect of the oils spread further into areas I didn't want.  Probably my area of weakness here is not knowing how to clean it up as much.  I think the dilution on the wash is correct, but the cleanup needs some learning.

3.  Overall difficulty I'm experiencing right now is trying to do too many things.  This particular model had oils first, then washes, then let it dry because I was mad at it for like 2 weeks and didn't want to touch it.  Came back to it this morning wanting to finish it, but still not thrilled with the outcome.  I think the color balance might be off or my choice of colors isn't strong enough.

4.  Rope:what the hell color are you using on rope?  The rope that runs across his chest, on the club, on the barrel - I'm lost in what color to use.  I thought I'll use a Ochre Yellow and then wash over it in a brownish color to bring it down.  It's...yellow.  Not intended.  Then I thought maybe use an ivory and dye it down.  Need some input here.

I know this guy isn't "bad", but he's not awful.  I just don't feel like the progress was as strong with him and I'm struggling right now with what to do and how to approach it.  I thought maybe getting a post in here and having people drop some feedback to me might help me get things back together.  Always love the help y'all provide. 

I need to get into the swing of things again before Bones 5 delivery - so now more than ever gotta keep that flame burning.

• By Pochi
      This is my contribution to the RCL trios category with @Evilhalfling and @Kuroneko. I decided on a Hampshire pig instead of spots. I love how much character the faces have. 

• By Glitterwolf
      Printed on my Elegoo Mars
      Design from Artisan Guild.

Goraku the Oni Mage, part of my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Project.
      WIP here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/15/#comments

To show off his size I also took a picture of Goraku with Master Nurin.

• By Nial ap Morai
      Kinda fun to paint. I still need to work on my iPhone photography.

• By TGP
      Goal

The purpose of this thread is to gather in one place all the visual answers to the oft recurring question, “How big is Reaper miniature __ __ __ __ __ ?”

That question comes up about once a week; but always about different models. This thread is meant to serve as a place for those foolish kind souls who decide to answer in detail with a photograph to post their work. 

Guidelines for such photographs

“...Posed in front of an inch or centimeter grid, and / or with a ruler laid out in front of, above, or behind them, and / or next to other Miniatures for comparison...” Comparison pics are the most useful because the numerical height of a model doesn't always tell you how bulky it is, or how exaggerated the features might be. Common objects like paint dropper bottles, figure bases, and specific Miniatures like Sir Forscale (76543) can acquaint the viewer with size of a new Mini, especially while standing on a grid. The best comparison shots are like police line-ups: several miniatures side-by-side in front of an easily-read scale.

@Pingo @redambrosia and @lowlylowlycook contributed most of the wording in the preceding paragraph (which I edited a bit).

Links to previous efforts 

(... this space reserved for links to other posts with photos that may be scattered around the forums ...)

tgptgp
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)