Trying to understand Bulky as it applies to vehicles.

jsalyers

I'm trying to understand how the Special Ability (SA) Bulky applies to vehicles.

I have a primary attack squad which I built using the CAV Force Manager that includes:

• 1x Naginato [veh]
  • 3x Wolves [veh]
  • 1x Talon CAV.

All of the vehicles have the Bulky rule in the print out that the software makes.

The rules say that an attack squad must have between 4 and 6 Vehicle/CAV models in it and that SA: Bulky models count as 2 models for squad size.

1. So my attack squad can include at maximum 3 Bulky vehicles and no other models?
  2. My Talon CAV (Recon) is bigger than my tanks but it is not Bulky...?
  3. The software appears to let me build an illegal attack squad. I have 4 SA: Bulky vehicles and a Recon CAV in it but I don't see any errors listed anywhere.

What am I missing...?

Thanks for your help!

J--

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2¢ 

The Bulky SA has the effect of reducing the minimum squad size to (2). Minimum size met with just two (bulky) vehicles.

It is an Ability, never a liability. So it doesn't count when figuring the max squad size. 

• Like 1

• Reaper User

J--

Per the current errata we have removed Bulky from consideration when determining squad size. It only counts for transportation purposes going forward. The current version of the software program has already been updated with this change. As a result you only have to have 4-6 actual models in the squad. So you could have 6 bulky models in one squad should you so choose.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

J--

Per the current errata we have removed Bulky from consideration when determining squad size. It only counts for transportation purposes going forward. The current version of the software program has already been updated with this change. As a result you only have to have 4-6 actual models in the squad. So you could have 6 bulky models in one squad should you so choose.

I genuinely appreciate everyone's responses but especially those of CAVBOSS. There aren't many games where the staff directly answer my questions in a timely fashion. My apologies for not checking the errata - I forgot the game had one.

Thanks!

J--

• Like 2