vegascat

02766: Arrius the Black, Skeletal Champion (Vegascat rolls the bones again)

I finished my current semester of school a few weeks ago and wanted to ease back into painting with something simple and something from my shelf of shame.  I'm not real pleased with the highlights on the cloak, overall I'm happy with him as he ended up in a nice muted tone.  Feedback welcome and wanted.

DSC_0030.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

• Like 20

Thank you everyone, for the likes and the comments!  

@Taskmaster99, The shading is actually green, not black, not that anyone can really tell in the picture.  I've become a fan of using complimentary colors for shading as it makes the colors more interesting.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

For International Mini Painting Month I'm recruiting...

Raise it,
      Kev!
    • By Loim
      Finished this guy off with a simple base.

• By Aard_Rinn
      For the last few months since Reapercon, I've been focusing on pumping out minis to avoid the rut I got into last year. When I saw that Reaper had released the ghost sailors as metal figures, well... I knew what one of my October projects was going to be. I loved these guys as part of the Bones IV kickstarter, but I've not enjoyed painting plastic minis as much since getting back into metals at the Reapercon melt table, so I was psyched to order them and put in an order that night... Most of the rest I had from Reapercon, although I think I picked up Labella there too.

Either way, these guys painted up gorgeous and easy using my go-to one-two spirit technique! As a firm believer in spooky blue ghosts, I started by priming them white, then giving them a couple layers of Irrisen Blue from the new Pathfinder paintset... My old blue standby was from the HD line and the bottle has faded to the point of illegibility, but it was almost identical. Then once it's dry, I drybrush heavily with Linen White (pure white comes out looking starched, and bluer whites don't show on the blue, but linen is perfect) and... call it a day. Decorate the bases, maybe some pizza... 's good. That said, minis painted using this technique meet my #1 requirement for ghost minis: They're distinctive on the table!

I debated doing some OSL, but decided that it would wash the bases out, unfortunately. I like it better this way, with the bases nice and grounded, and the ghosts spooky and glowing! Lots of fun base details on these, too - 10/10 recommend picking them up if you have any sort of use for them!

Miniatures involved (not enough tags for them all): 03965: Ghost Pirate Cook, 03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster, 03967: Ghost Pirate Captain, 03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun, 03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee, 03718: Ghost Bride, 03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee, 03170: Lurien, Ghost, 14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero, 03799: Female Wraith

03965: Ghost Pirate Cook

03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster

03967: Ghost Pirate Captain

03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun

03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee

03718: Ghost Bride

03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee

03170: Lurien, Ghost

14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero

03799: Female Wraith

Of all of these, if I had to pick favorites... Hm... Ghost Bride and Gauren. They took the drybrushing perfectly and are super-fun figures!
    • By HolkDiggity
      Back with part two of the Skeletal Monsters set! I thought of adding some mold/moss to the bones on this, and I used an old terrain trick of mixing flock with PVA glue. It looks alright, but I don't think I'll be doing it on the last one.

• By HolkDiggity
      Hey all!
      Here's a quick speedpaint from this evening. It was a two hour deal, from prime to varnish. The only thing that I did yesterday was assembly.

• Who's Online   35 Members, 1 Anonymous, 350 Guests (See full list)