Gen Con 2004

wtwest

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spartan, we'll be thinking of you. And we'll raise at least one glass to our friends who defend us, both here and abroad, as I know many. And another glass raised to Policepersons, as a good friend just became one. And another glass to Firefighters. Healthcare professionals. Teachers.... All deserving of our good will.

This'll be my first Gen-Con, but I and a friend will be there :) Apart from seeing the sights and all that we plan to be doing mostly miniature stuff so we'll be around to be sure. I'm bringing a few of my dioramas for contests, so it'll be good to have people around to either cheer or console or point and laugh, depending on the outcome :P

Looking forward to meeting you all in the Real World! (as real as a con can get, anyway :P )

I look forward to seeing your dioramas too, as well as meeting you chaps (and chappetts?)

I don't think the one I want to bring will be finished (but I'll post pictures if I can't take it)

The others I am entering elsewhere this weekend, so I won't bring those either.

I'll prolly have a 'TMP" badge that has my name on it (which is the same as it is here)

• Artists

My husband and I will be going to GenCon for the second time. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to overcome being a little shy and get to know some other painters. I'm taking four painting classes, and hope to spend some time hanging out in the paint area and whatnot as well, although there are loads of games and other things I want to hit too. Too much fun, not enough time! Anyway, I really hope to meet some of you, and to that end I've stuck a yellow post-it with WREN on it on my badge. Hope to see you there.

Ok. I'm not taking my diorama because I don't think I'll finish it on time - and rather than go nuts trying to rush and get it done, I'm going to paint some CAVs and some WWII guys so I can play with friends.

But I still wanna meet everyone, and maybe grab a pint (of whatever your poison is.. i prefer cherry pepsi - but I've been known to drink beer)

I'm getting kinda psyched.

I'm pretty shy too, to be honest.

• Artists
I just don't wanna stand forever and a day in waiting in line for registration when I'll basically just likely wander around and buy stuff... :down:

I've heard tell they've tried to streamline the process to avoid the situations last year that led to huge lines. Although I've also heard people say that they say that every year and every year there are lines. :-< That probably doesn't help your decision any, sorry.

I just don't wanna stand forever and a day in waiting in line for registration when I'll basically just likely wander around and buy stuff... :down:

I've heard tell they've tried to streamline the process to avoid the situations last year that led to huge lines. Although I've also heard people say that they say that every year and every year there are lines. :-< That probably doesn't help your decision any, sorry.

:lol: Nope. But thanks for trying!