Gen Con 2004

wtwest

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh cool! What days? I'm getting kinda psyched. (and nervous, because I can be rather shy F2F at times)

I've also run into a few individuals who have left a rather bad taste in my mouth through their arrogance or rudeness... so there is a tinge of hesitancy because of that too. I hope I don't come off as arrogant or rude when meeting people, and if I do, I hope they at least tell me

Oh cool! What days? I'm getting kinda psyched. (and nervous, because I can be rather shy F2F at times)

I've also run into a few individuals who have left a rather bad taste in my mouth through their arrogance or rudeness... so there is a tinge of hesitancy because of that too. I hope I don't come off as arrogant or rude when meeting people, and if I do, I hope they at least tell me

Prolly just Saturday, SaintRigger.

I wouldn't worry too much about coming off as anything but yourself. I hear ya about some folks com,ing off as arrogant and what not. Sometimes I leave that impression, somnetimes I don't. Just depends on the individual, I guess. Then again, I've met people that make me look like a saint by comparison, so....

I likely won't be playing anything unless I sneak a game of Warlord in or something. *shrug* we'll see. Just now kinda wish I had something prepared for the painting competition.

It's okay Kelcore, you would've had to enter by Friday evening, not Saturday morning.

Hope you stop by the paint and take and visit me and Mengu. You could always sit down for a speed paint session (for one generic ticket) :poke: You'll get a Reaper mini out of it, which will be rare at this con :down:

debby ^_^

I have a few models I finished up, but they aren't anything spectacular. I'll just bring 'em along to share. I did some stuff for GD toronto too, but I won't bring that. I wanted to bring a diorama that I am working on, but I decided that rather than drive myself nuts trying to finish it in time, I'll paint some CAV up so I can play and finish my diorama at leisure and (hopefully) do it right.

I can be a bit sensitive I guess towards people's attitudes and demeanor. I try to be humble most of the time (and probably fail :rolleyes: ). Perhaps I hate it in others because it exists in myself. Who know....

I've never played Warlord, but I'm hoping to remedy that fact this weekend. (And hopefully get some CAV in too) Maybe we can get a game in... I don't really have anything planned as I am kinda a +1 on this trip.

Deb, I will definately come and say hi to you and Mengu! I'm also very much looking forward to hanging out at the Warlord tables! Brandi'll be coming with me too! (I love having a girlfriend that's actually happy to come with me to these things)

Warlord's a helluva lot of fun, SaintRigger! You should definately get a game in! But the true comedy/entertainment comes when Lord Baasen and I play. You'd swear we were married or somethin... ::P:

:huh:

'Wow Sam, I have nothing to say in this panel.'

Oh Wait, I got it ...

Watch out for Kelcore when you're playing Warlord .. he cheats.

He rolls the dice

My miniatures die

He Wins

Somewhere in there is the cheating part, I just haven't figured it out completely.

I know this sounds dumb......... :down:

Since I'm kinda new to the forums and painting I'm not horribly embarrassed to ask.. :unsure:

Where can I find out about all these "cons" I'm reading about? Dates, costs, and lodging etc.

In Albuquerque, 'm sort of stranded ..there's not alot of painters here that do more than basic gaming level at the 2 LGS here in town. I would love to attend some cons and some frequent flyer miles burning a hole in my pocket ::D:

Thanks for any and all input