Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Pingo Thought She'd Already Started a Thread Here

I could have sworn I had started a thread already.

Ah, well.  Here's a drawing I did related to a vampire game, with an enlarged detail to show pencil work.  It's 5 inches by 8 (12.7 x 20.3 cm).

Spoiler

DSC_0756-Nosferatu-in-Love-smaller.jpg.25d6fd5dfa74674a0044ee9d1a3d4048.jpg

DSC_0754-Nosferatu-in-Love-detail.jpg.3c05eb199f98b4e51df3f558d6c11382.jpg

The detail is about 1.75 x 2 inches (4.4 x 5 cm).

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 16

A wee little sketch from my sketchbook (original is about 4 cm by 8 cm)

Spoiler

5966a0d48f973_Rokhsanas-House-of-Memory--The-Beast.jpg.8b8adb0106d97e9ccae0938ec90883ba.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/12/2017 at 5:21 PM, Pingo said:

A wee little sketch from my sketchbook (original is about 4 cm by 8 cm)

Reveal hidden contents

5966a0d48f973_Rokhsanas-House-of-Memory--The-Beast.jpg.8b8adb0106d97e9ccae0938ec90883ba.jpg

So apparently I'm working it up into a pen and ink drawing.  This is the full size pencil sketch, roughly 10"x 12" (25.4 cm x 30.5 cm) on 11" x 14" tracing tissue:

Spoiler

DSC_0450-straightened-contrast.jpg.eaf621e45fb1a236e9212505207d6288.jpg

• Like 7

In digging through my painting closet to look for things to bring to a science fiction convention I found a little box with some old egg temperas in it.

This is a Spanish (I think) Romanesque cathedral I painted in 1999:

Spoiler

Romanesque-cathedral-interior-1997-500.jpg.74d72279ff05480ff1e93c6455e71b68.jpg

And this is a portrait of Hera from 2003:

Spoiler

Hera-2003-alternate-500.jpg.2404d262a192c6146e8ef330bd9cdfc1.jpg

• Like 9

BTW, comments, questions and critiques are always welcome.

• Like 1

Warming up my pen and ink hand for  Inktober (thread about it: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88233-inktoberdrawlloween/& )

I found a very small sketchbook in my studio, one that I started in 1993, then set aside until 2005, and just now pulled out again. Using my Pigma Micron art pens. These are done with a size 05 and a “Brush” for solid blacks. Each drawing took only a minute or two and I didn’t do pencils first - drawing without a net!

I did use photo references - a photography magazine from just about 1990 for that ‘eighties vibe. ::P: Just drawing what’s in front of me to warm up.

Spoiler

407F82E6-BFAE-4023-914C-C85573F8E797.thumb.jpeg.ae10faf27444d962f2f4d87cd501ac22.jpeg

• Like 10

I bought some new interesting pens at a Michael’s awhile back; I hope I can find them. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this