Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Pingo Thought She'd Already Started a Thread Here

I could have sworn I had started a thread already.

Ah, well.  Here's a drawing I did related to a vampire game, with an enlarged detail to show pencil work.  It's 5 inches by 8 (12.7 x 20.3 cm).

Spoiler

DSC_0756-Nosferatu-in-Love-smaller.jpg.25d6fd5dfa74674a0044ee9d1a3d4048.jpg

DSC_0754-Nosferatu-in-Love-detail.jpg.3c05eb199f98b4e51df3f558d6c11382.jpg

The detail is about 1.75 x 2 inches (4.4 x 5 cm).

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 14

A wee little sketch from my sketchbook (original is about 4 cm by 8 cm)

Spoiler

5966a0d48f973_Rokhsanas-House-of-Memory--The-Beast.jpg.8b8adb0106d97e9ccae0938ec90883ba.jpg

• Like 6

On 7/12/2017 at 5:21 PM, Pingo said:

A wee little sketch from my sketchbook (original is about 4 cm by 8 cm)

Reveal hidden contents

5966a0d48f973_Rokhsanas-House-of-Memory--The-Beast.jpg.8b8adb0106d97e9ccae0938ec90883ba.jpg

So apparently I'm working it up into a pen and ink drawing.  This is the full size pencil sketch, roughly 10"x 12" (25.4 cm x 30.5 cm) on 11" x 14" tracing tissue:

Spoiler

DSC_0450-straightened-contrast.jpg.eaf621e45fb1a236e9212505207d6288.jpg

• Like 7

In digging through my painting closet to look for things to bring to a science fiction convention I found a little box with some old egg temperas in it.

This is a Spanish (I think) Romanesque cathedral I painted in 1999:

Spoiler

Romanesque-cathedral-interior-1997-500.jpg.74d72279ff05480ff1e93c6455e71b68.jpg

And this is a portrait of Hera from 2003:

Spoiler

Hera-2003-alternate-500.jpg.2404d262a192c6146e8ef330bd9cdfc1.jpg

• Like 9

BTW, comments, questions and critiques are always welcome.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Well, I've gone and done it. I got a YouTube channel and have started making a series of videos on matters of paint and painting.

Okay, I say "series of videos" all grandly, but at the moment it's one video and a planned syllabus. But I have more planned!

This is pretty much my first video ever. I was helped a great deal by my family members who have more experience in this.

The first video is a paint comparison, looking at one of the new Liquitex Acrylic Gouache paints (Quinacridone Magenta, PR122) and considering its suitability for miniatures painting.

Enjoy!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwonRqv0Xgk

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's magnificent 50212 "Incredible Woman," sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

She's a great figure that can be painted up like a lot of (tall - she's a big one) women superheroes. Wonder Woman is on my wish list, and maybe Captain Marvel one day.

This version is Marvel's She-Hulk from her classic days as one of the Fantastic Four, replacing Ben Grimm for a time.

As a materials and techniques note, I didn't use any green or blue pigments in her skin. It's all mixed from yellow and black. This was partly to prove a point and is kind of central in the art video I posted on YouTube last week: Yellow and Black Make Green.

Enjoy!

• By Pingo
      This miniature is 15503C Nyamaunir Piratin, a catgirl pirate from Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye, Germany's 1980s answer to Dungeons and Dragons). She's a little Old School and a little short even for that. I like that she looks like a cat who is a person in sensible pirating clothes.

There was a WIP thread, but it didn't get very far.
  • Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)