Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Your basic normal-sized wolf:
And Black Panther.
Alas, the fangs I painstakingly painted in do not show up in the photo.
Wolf animal companion
Big cat animal companion
From the 77216 Animal Companions pack
Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013 core set
Unknown Sculptor(s), although the wolf makes me think Julie Guthrie
25x50mm oval 3D printed lipped bases
available from reapermini.com
Also did a quick speed paint of two statues. Not sure were the other column is at the moment, but this one was out while I was painting the angel of death so it got paint too.
She fit very snuggly into that base. I'm debating whether or not she'll stay in it.
The pair. Also the angel without the base.
I finally finished all the Pathfinder Iconics. (Until Bones 4 arrives.)
Some of them turned out great, and for some, the best I can say is that they arent much worse than a pre-paint would be.
Either way, these guys will be called into service whenever a generic NPC is required.
89038 Oloch, Warpriest
89037 Quinn, Investigator
89036 Reiko, Ninja
89017 Imrijka, Inquisitor
89018 Sajan, Monk
89019 Nakayama Hayato, Samurai
89020 Harsk, Ranger and 77216 Biter, Badger
89022 Alahazra, Oracle
89023 Balazar, Summoner
89025 Alain, Cavalier
89027 Lini, Druid and Droogami, 77216 Snow Leopard
89034 Crowe, Bloodrager
And lastly a group shot of all the Iconics, including the ones from Bones 1:
The bimonthly resolutionary challenge in the Reaper forums is to get about 4-5 minis painted each month, and also there are some bonus challenges. This February, like last year, one of the bonus challenges is to paint a minature with your fingers. No brushes allowed. And no fingers of other, smaller people either. And it needs to be a creature, not scenery.
Challenge accepted. Again.
Last year I fingerpainted this:
77368 Shadow Demon
This year, I am doing this:
The Bones 2 “77372 Burrowing Horror”. Basically a teeny tiny Tarrasque. Technically I probably should have done the primer with my fingers as well, but seeing as it was undercoated by spraycan many moons ago, there have not been any brushes on it. So there.
In preparation for this, I have let my fingernails grow a couple of weeks…since my fingertips are way to big to get at any details at all…but a fingernail, both edge and torn, does the trick!
These are the colours I used for this. I picked them as I went along, only having a vague idea of how this was going to end up.
The miniature was baseless, so I made a base for it:
Bespoke 3D printed 80 x 55 mm oval lipped base.
Starting by dipping my finger in a pool of Scalecolor Heavy Metal (=midtone silver) I wiped the finger a bit and “drybrushed” the whole model with a movement from front to back on the model. A few goes at this covered nicely:
This was followed by a highlight of Army Painter Shining Silver on the ridges and main plated of the head and tail, taking care to not cover up all the Heavy Metal.
After that, some Vallejo Game Color Glorious Gold on the claws
I mixed some heavy metal with the gold to create a highlight color, which I dabbed on the tips of the claws. I also tried to do the teeth in gold with the edge of a fingernail, but this did not turn out too well.
Tearing a fingernail, I used the point to paint the teeth individually, and also did the eyes in Vallejo Game Color Magic Blue, highlighted with a small dot of ancient Hobby Game Products Blue 005. The nail broke off, and I had to tear me a new one.
This I then used to clean up some areas with black lining and fixing bits I had missed or slopped the wrong color on.
I finished with some blobs of Vallejo Green Ink on the sides and underneath.
Then I had to fix all the spots of green that had gotten where they should not be.
And then I had to fix all the metal that had rubbed off here and there with my handling of the mini.
A thick layer of Army Painter Walking Dead Dirt Spatter, followed by Reaper Pure Black on the rim.
After this was dry, I marked where the feet would be by dabbing some lighter brown on the soles of the feet and holding it to the base. This was followed by a globbing on of thinned down PVA woodworking glue to the base surface with my finger again. A couple of tufts were added straight into the wet glue and then I dipped the whole shebang in my box of flockmix.
Gently clearing flock from where the feet were to go, I put some superglue in the general areas and placed the miniature on the base, and it was done:
Painted by hand. In the most literal sense.
All in all, a fun couple of hours of getting messy fingers. Mostly waiting for the paint to dry whilst frantically wiping at my tacky paws to get the paint off.
And at last I got to cut my fingernails down to their proper place again! Cardboard boxes being the sworn enemy of fingernails, they caused a couple of casualties at work today.
Who's Online 24 Members, 2 Anonymous, 134 Guests (See full list)