Bones IV pre-launch & news

Harrek

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, having just heard predictions that our dollar may drop against the US dollar to as low as 65 cents next year, when is this launching???  Today?

Can I just lock in a pledge now??

Sigh

Or just buy us dollars now, and like keep them in a sock or something.

And then mail those dollars to kickstarter as payment. They take envelopes full of cash, right?

• Like 6

So, having just heard predictions that our dollar may drop against the US dollar to as low as 65 cents next year, when is this launching???  Today?

Sigh

And then mail those dollars to kickstarter as payment. They take envelopes full of cash, right?

Just FYI...I accept envelopes full of cash   ::D:

Yeah, I don't see any way around it short of getting both a US currency CC AND a US currency bank account....and that seems like a lot of effort....

But back on topic, think there will be steampunk submarines to go with the whales??

• Like 4

Sigh

Yeah, I don't see any way around it short of getting both a US currency CC AND a US currency bank account....and that seems like a lot of effort....

But back on topic, think there will be steampunk submarines to go with the whales??

Could get a US pre-paid card. The variable ones max out at $500 so depending on your spending you may want to get two. Here's one site that you can buy physical and e-gift cards, http://www.giftcards.com/ 

Some of the physical cards that can be bought in a store are reloadable but the e-cards from gift cards are not reloadable.

• Like 2

Sigh

Could get a US pre-paid card. The variable ones max out at $500 so depending on your spending you may want to get two. Here's one site that you can buy physical and e-gift cards, http://www.giftcards.com/ 

Some of the physical cards that can be bought in a store are reloadable but the e-cards from gift cards are not reloadable.

Seem to recall some folks having trouble with pre-paids on KS in the past.

Also, the US has some an "unknown quantity" coming up that makes any sort of financial predictions questionable at this time....

A whole Gnomish steampunk fleet would be cool.  ::D:

• Like 1

Seem to recall some folks having trouble with pre-paids on KS in the past.

Also, the US has some an "unknown quantity" coming up that makes any sort of financial predictions questionable at this time....

A whole Gnomish steampunk fleet would be cool.  ::D:

Pay minimum on the KS and then use them in the pledge manager? Not necessarily best for the KS but could save you quite a bit in the exchange.

• Like 2

Who knows what will happen with the Canuck buck? It will definitely be a factor for me in terms of how much I pledge for during the KS versus how much I plug into the pledge manager, but it won't be the only factor.

If I can stop myself from buying any more tabletop RPG books until the Kickstarter launches I should be okay... and considering I have 7 hardcovers and 20+ softcovers on order and paid for currently, one would THINK I could manage that... but... well... Let's be honest.

The chances of me having the willpower to stop buying game books are about as likely as me not buying a core set...

• Like 2

Well, the Ks will not be running on or near Jan 20th, so there will be a few months to see what events in the US effect what.

I know I will be in for some, and will try to do most of my pledging during the KS as i am not really a fan of doing the pledge manager, though I have made big changes and additions there in the past.  DF usually does a post-Gencon sale in August to further complicate matters. Come to think of it I am not sure if they did it this time or not. Maybe someone else remembers. 

• Like 1

I still want my cart full of pumpkins that never made KS3. I loved that sculp that was in the pics from Reapercon prior to KS3.

I would love more towns people including some seated to have sitting around tables. I would like some houses like the hut with legs but without the legs (I am sure you can use that one without the legs). I would like some carts and stands full of goods to sell. I would like a blacksmith building.

• Like 5