Bones IV pre-launch & news

Harrek

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, fectin said:

If you're going to do this, consider pledging more than $1. One dollar wont get you anything, so you'll spend more eventually anyway. If you pledge what you realistically expect to spend (or even a bit less) and top it off later, you'll help unlock more stuff to choose from. 

You can also update your pledge during the campaign, so if you know you're going to get one of the stretch goals anyway, go ahead and add to your pledge while the campaign is ongoing.

I'm not recommending spending more, just timing your spending to when it will have more effects.

Good advice that sounds like the better plan for me. I know I will want a few items so I will just pledge what I can at the time and go from there. I just do not want to paint more humans but I sure something will catch by eye. Thanks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Yes. Spend what you can comfortably pledge. Don't overdo it just for the sake of unlocking or obtaining new shinies. We're all here for the fun of the hobby. ^.^

Speak for yourself.  Buying unpainted minis is immortality on an installment plan.  ;)

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LeonR344 said:

I just do not want to paint more humans but I sure something will catch by eye.

I kind of feel you on that one. I don't have a single human figure coming in my Bones III shipment. I love getting Bones for monsters and terrain, and get metal for most humans, elves halflings and gnomes. I got in on Bones III in the first minute it started and still have a pretty long list of Bones III minis to pick up at retail. If there's a 5 figure set and you only really want one of them, it isn't a crime to wait for retail. Reaper has a couple really sweet promotions they run every year for Halloween and Christmas. I like to hold off buying a few figures to pad out orders when they come around. 

• Like 2

The only humans I'm getting from Bones 3 are the Crusader add on, because my husband liked them, and whatever is in expansion 2. I'm getting the undead skeletal monsters from the core set, because of the unusualness of them.

But other than that, just big stuff

i intend to do the same for this kickstarter, and mostly pledge for the big monsters and dragons

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

The only humans I'm getting from Bones 3 are the Crusader add on, because my husband liked them, and whatever is in expansion 2. I'm getting the undead skeletal monsters from the core set, because of the unusualness of them.

i intend to do the same for this kickstarter, and mostly pledge for the big monsters and dragons

If you're talking about the Undying Lords they were actually the most popular add-on in the kickstarter, 2% of the total figures ordered according to Update 86! I regret not getting 2 sets of those bad boys. If Reaper comes out with a female "Undying Ladies" set in Bones IV I'd be in heaven.

Spoiler

Update image linked because it won't upload here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

Yes those are the ones i'm talking about =) we have TONS of skeletons, but they are all humans. To have non-human skeletal monsters is a good addition to our collection for gaming use, so we picked those up

I have to agree with the two of you. Human skeletons are so.......boring nowadays. You can literally get them anywhere, and I loved that there was some real variety in the Undying Lords. Couldn't possibly pass that up.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I have to agree with the two of you. Human skeletons are so.......boring nowadays. You can literally get them anywhere, and I loved that there was some real variety in the Undying Lords. Couldn't possibly pass that up.

the armored ones from bones 2 were cool and we havce several of those now.

mostly it's just...how many skeletons do you need for gaming? We have dozens of them, armored and unarmored, with a variety of weapons. We juts dont' NEED basic skeletons anymore

the same goes for human PCs / NPCs. We have sooo many, of so many different types. We don't need armed and armored people anymore. What we need are Townsfolk, unarmed people, basic village NPCs. So we're not interested in core sets anymore, because it's a lot of minis we just don't need. What we do want from them, we can pick up at retail later

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sirithiliel said:

the armored ones from bones 2 were cool and we havce several of those now.

mostly it's just...how many skeletons do you need for gaming? We have dozens of them, armored and unarmored, with a variety of weapons. We juts dont' NEED basic skeletons anymore

the same goes for human PCs / NPCs. We have sooo many, of so many different types. We don't need armed and armored people anymore. What we need are Townsfolk, unarmed people, basic village NPCs. So we're not interested in core sets anymore, because it's a lot of minis we just don't need. What we do want from them, we can pick up at retail later

Were those the barrow wardens? They were pretty awesome as death knights. Considering how many skeletal monsters there are out there, I can paint them up in a lot of different styles. Considering having one as a demilich riding an armor golem type. But you're right about the figures being adventurer-centric, because a lot of people want one that's like their character and variety is always good. You're definitely right about the NPCs being in poor supply, there needs to be more adventure dressing like that for Bones IV.

And flumphs. Most definitely flumphs.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Were those the barrow wardens? They were pretty awesome as death knights. Considering how many skeletal monsters there are out there, I can paint them up in a lot of different styles. Considering having one as a demilich riding an armor golem type. But you're right about the figures being adventurer-centric, because a lot of people want one that's like their character and variety is always good. You're definitely right about the NPCs being in poor supply, there needs to be more adventure dressing like that for Bones IV.

And flumphs. Most definitely flumphs.

those were cool, but i mean these ones:

24c9ce7173930c0d6ae54a0344a1a899_origina

• Like 7

11 hours ago, LeonR344 said:

If I  Pledge the one dollar in Bones 4, that gets my foot in the door right?  I then can pick and choose what I want. I know not buying all the Bones is heresy here, but I have Bones 3 coming someday. My hobby is painting minis not collecting unpainted minis. My thinking is to pick a few minis that I think are cool and get them,

I know that, after the campaign was over, Reaper increased its prices. Was this only for late backers, or included $1 backers?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sirithiliel said:

I think Bones 4 is going to be my first Bones KS where I don't get the entire core set, because like you,  we also have heaps of human adventurers. 

11 hours ago, ced1106 said:

I know that, after the campaign was over, Reaper increased its prices. Was this only for late backers, or included $1 backers?

Just for people who did not actually back the Kickstarter (meaning they jumped in through the pledge manager after the KS itself funded). A $1 pledge would get you in the door. 

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 5