Bones IV pre-launch & news

Harrek

I always wind up getting the core because of the good prices and the ability to come up with PCs and npcs at a moment's notice as well as allowing anyone with any interest to pick a mini and start painting.  At 50 cents or less a mini there is no loss there and if I interest just one new painter, I consider the investment worth it.

• Like 9

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is mostly because we moved away from our gaming group, and while we have taken on three new people, he games are long-running and people tend to use the same character

we haven't touched 98% of bones 2 PC minis. I actually speed painted all of them last week

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'll be getting the Core regardless.  Even if I have bunches of adventurer types, new ones are just so useful.  Also at the price of under $1 per piece, they just become natural conversion fodder.

There's always enough value in the core set for me. Can't wait to see what well be getting in... What? 2ish years!!

• Like 3

Hello everyone. I am not new to the world of minis but I am new to Reaper and Kickstarter also. I have been playing DnD for a little while now. I come from a GW background (don't attack me I hate them too). I make a lot of my terrain because it's just saved me money and I enjoy it. I have a few questions I'd like answered if anyone has the knowledge also I'd like some opinions and experiences. I have seen bones before and have even picked up some for NPCs. I like them. Quality is great. Price is great and I have not had any paint issues. What I'd like to ask about is these Kickstarters. How has everyone's experience been. Any issues with quality? Minis not completed? Is it worth it I guess? I would really love to make a pledge for the core set if a bones 4 is really going to happen and some additional sculptures. Anyone have a date for bones 4? Make me pledge or help me avoid misfortune...thank you everyone.

Edited by Sayloth
Spelling
  • Like 2

Reaper is probably gonna delete this thread but here goes......

KSIV will probably be in mid-late June, when fulfilling is done for Bones III. Fulfillment for Bones III is underway now and is on wave 2 of 10. 

The bones KS are a great deal and I have heard fw complaints about quality, though Reaper does have to replace some individual models from time to time. 

I hope you jump on board as I will be there for sure.

• Like 1

I read the thread. Which lead me to writing this one. I'm just new to the whole ks thing and really fresh to the whole bones line. Thanks for the link though. I've been using my Google fu and digging away. Pics are hard to find of the sculpts and it also got me looking into the Conan game. Those scuplts are amazing. 

• Like 1

Not interested in Zombicide and I've already decided that, as much as I would like to get into DF5, it ain't gonna happen. So, other stuff will compete with Bones IV, and we'll see what all comes out of the woodwork. ^^;

Not so much of a bloodbath, considering.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Bane Of Humanity said:

If Bones 4 launches in June....man talk about a blood bath. 
Zombiecide Horde, Dwarven Forge 5,  Possibly bones 4...all competing for our kickstarter moneys....

Cthulhu Wars Onslaught 3 is likely June or July also. All of those are likely to hit my wallet hard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sylverthorne said:

Not interested in Zombicide and I've already decided that, as much as I would like to get into DF5, it ain't gonna happen. So, other stuff will compete with Bones IV, and we'll see what all comes out of the woodwork. ^^;

Not so much of a bloodbath, considering.

Well  I'm curious who will gross the most...
for me though its a tough call.  I have not been part of a single DF KS.  I really want terrain...If Bones delivers more terrain this time around its going to be hard to choose.
Plus I really like Zombicide but I can live with just the basics for that. 

• Like 3

I do like DF stuff but I just cannot justify the cost. Its not hard to build a vacuum and once you get into molding and casting (which isn't that steep of a learning curve) it's just not that great of a value compared to these bones Kickstarters and I think the bones terrain looks better though I have not seen many large pieces. For DF $250 you get enough to make 2 maybe 3 cottages with some extra bits. This all just really makes me want a date for this thing and I've gotten very excited about all of this. I'll wait patiently...ok no I'll just be waiting patients went out long ago. It will be my first Kickstarter and my first real dive into bones. I have never used reaper paints and I saw a few colors that were really cool colors and hope to see some more paint add-ons. Has anyone used their paints? Comparison to Vallejo, GW, Army and P3?

Edited by Sayloth
  • Like 4